CHAPTER 34

Chapter 34: Wedding

YAZER ELDRICH MONTANO

When she died, I felt like I lost half of myself. Muntik ko nang isuko ang lahat dahil masiyado ko siyang minahal na pakiramdam ko hindi ko kakayanin dahil wala na siya. But I need to live for my kids. My kids whom she sacrificed herself to. Ayoko namang sisihin ang mga anak ko dahil wala silang kasalanan. Hindi nila naging kasalanan ang mawala sa akin ang Nanay nila. 

For years, I buried myself with work. That's the only way I can think of para mapalaki ko nang maayos ang mga anak ko. Money. Gusto kong ibigay sa kanila ang lahat para hindi nila maramdamang may kulang. 

After years of working, it finally paid off. But it comes with a price. It was not my intention to hide them, I just wanted to protect them from the eyes of the sneering people around me. And I have many reasons why I am acting like this. Growing up by yourself is not an easy thing. People have a lot of ways to hurt you and it sometimes comes from people you least expect it. I'm no philosophical person, I just learned life as it is. Besides, life doesn't always give you flowers and rainbows, it also gives you storms and rains. 

How I wish I can just take them away where there is no one, but us. I don't think I can handle it if I'll see my kids suffer. They're my life now.

And I'm standing here, waiting for that one person to complete our family.

The entourage started. Khaki and Kaimeer were partners as one of the young groomsmen and young bridesmaids while Yale was the ring bearer. 

We only invited a few because we agreed to have a private wedding. Mga kasamahan ko sa bahay, some of my closed artists and friends on the showbiz. 

Her mother, uncles, and their family are also invited. Ang Nanay niya ay sapilitan pa naming pinapunta dahil nahihiya pa rin ito sa anak. Regret is really something you wouldn't want to feel.

Jax and Pierce were my best man, while Ani, the wife of her brother, is her bridesmaid. When the guest are all seated down, they closed the door again. And our wedding theme started playing. 

[When I Met You by Apo Hiking Society]

My grip tightened on the mic I'm holding as the door of the church slowly opened. It's not my first time, but why am I still nervous?

There I was, an empty piece of a shell
Just minding my own world
Without even knowing what love and life were all about

I started singing and she started walking down the aisle. Her brother is the one beside her, walking her down the aisle. 

Then you came
You brought me out of the shell
You gave the world to me
And before I knew
There I was, so in love with you

She came out of nowhere and was unexpected. Meeting her was never my plan nor falling in love with her. But I don't regret it. If I'll go back to how we started, I'll be glad to do it again if it means having her beside me.

She turned her head around and when our eyes met, it was like the world stops for us. 

You gave me a reason for my being
And I love what I'm feeling
You gave me a meaning to my life
Yes, I've gone beyond existing
And it all began when I met you

She gave me a new reason to live. When I thought I no longer has any reason to live, aside from my kids, she came out of nowhere and told me to live for myself. To open my heart once again. To love again. When I thought I would no longer move on from my past, she taught me how to let go.