C12: Dinner Disaster

Start from the beginning

"I'm a bit busy, I'll just come over."

"I'll pick y--"

"I said... I'll. come. over." You said firmly. The way he talked made you turn off the phone as you stare at it with disbelief. He is being nice. His action is really complicating all the evidences that Morgans gathered.

"The decision is for you to make. I cannot influence your decision with my words. All I can give you is these pictures we've gathered as part of our job." Morgans said. He's concerned about your well-being but he knew, you'll have to decide on your own.

"If I ask you, does these pictures portrays cheating?" Your eyes keeps staring at the pictures in your hand. There was nothing suspicious if anyone would look at it but the fact that Kid is hanging out with her, eating with her, talking with her multiple times without telling you made your heart sink.

"I'd say... It is a part of cheating by the moment he lies to you if you asked who this woman is."

Your attention was caught when his phone beside his pillow lit up and dinged. He quickly grabbed it, as if it is a bomb. After seeing who it was, he tapped his phone few times before returning it beside him.

"Who was that?" You asked Kid.

"It's Heat. He's asking if I could see him this evening."

He lied. Your glance was faster than his hand. It was somebody's name. You felt a bit disappointed that he lied about the name of who it was.

'Bonney'

Your heart started to beat faster, so fast that you opened your mouth a bit to inhale and exhale deeper just to calm yourself.

'I thought it wouldn't affect me...'

'I thought I can handle this.'

'It's... It's frustrating.'

Your phone rang again but this time, it is someone else in the right timing.

"Hello, Cavendish."

"Hi, how's it going? Are you free today?"

"At the moment, yeah, but I'll have to attend dinner somewhere this evening."

"Well, wanna test my new motorcycle in your spare time? I'll even take you to that dinner after testing this."

You agreed easily. You needed company at the moment to distract you from your thoughts and he's in the right timing. The longer times you've been with Cavendish, you have grown to trust the man and be much closer to him.

Minutes later, you left Morgans' office and went to the location where you told Cavendish to wait. You don't want anyone finding out about your business with Morgans.

You arrived just in time to see him leaning on his motorcycle and tapping his phone while passersby keeps glancing at him. You can't blame them, this man is a real head turner.

His long blond hair is reflecting the setting sun graciously. It made you wonder if your brother in law, Killer, has the same effect on this blond hair too.

"Hi" You said softly as you stood in front of him. He raised his eyes from his phone up to you and was happy that you have finally arrived.

"Hey! Where do you want to go?" He asked cheerfully with a big smile on his face as he places his phone on his pocket.

"Hmm, do you know a place where I can relax my mind? Nami and Robin are still out of the city, I have no one to hang out with."

"Let me guess, Kid is stressing you again?" He asked and all you could do is smile.
He noticed how bitter you look so he sighed with a smile, knowing he is right. Cavendish took his extra helmet and assisted you to wear it. As he was doing so, some passersby recognized your companion.