Eternal Love; Temporary Family

TW: Hinting to Death

--------------------

[Narrator's POV]

Lucifer and Dice had grown a relationship, and the rest of the casino had become family. But one thing was clear; They would all die eventually, except the devil, who was born immortal, and Dice, who was once mortal, but a deal of his contract was immortality. But they had forgotten all of that; Once the casino staff started getting smaller, and smaller, and the Devil received soul after soul, reality had finally struck.

"Sir?.. Are you okay, you haven't said a word your entire shift.." One of the new workers said to Dice, who was at the bar making a drink for a patron.

"I'm fine." King Mumbled, before he finished the drink, gave it to the patron, and just went to the Devil's office.

"Love?.. You alright?" The Demon Asked, noticing how his partner looked like he was about to have a breakdown. Dice hugged Lucifer and just broke.

"I-I just miss th-them s-so much.." Dice Said Quietly, tears falling out of his eyes.

"I do too, King.." Lucifer Said in a comforting tone. King started bawling, while the Devil did his best to comfort him.

Eventually, Dice calmed down.

"Feel better?.." Lucifer Asked, and Dice Nodded.

Soon Enough, there was a knock on the Devil's Office door.

"Sir?.. Boss?.. The rest of the staff and I heard Mr. King Dice crying and got worried.." A Worker Said. The Devil and Dice didn't like thinking of the new workers as 'Staff' ; 'Staff' was their family, and that was not who these new folks were.

"Oh, it's nothing! He was just stressed is all" Lucifer Said.

"O..Okay.." The Worker Said, before walking away.

King let go of the demon, and the two talked for a bit, before Lucifer looked over and saw a photo on the wall.

"Hey, King, Remember this?" Lucifer asked with a smile as he walked over to the picture.

The die walked over and smiled.

"How could I forget, it was our wedding day.." Dice Said.

"Your brother looks like he's about to kill me" The Devil said with a slight laugh.

"That was Kaleb for ya', he was always protective of his younger siblings" Dice said.

The two carried on for a long time, just talking about that day, and how happy they were, and how everyone else was.

The new workers heard the pair, happily talking for the hours.

Word Count: 382