9

Liyana:

Friday came around quicker than normal, a hectic week coming to an end to my utter joy. 

Gosh, all i wanted to do was curl up in my duvet and start the book i bought the other day at Waterstones. I was on my weekly books shopping trip that brought me an insurmountable amount of joy, and i just couldn't resist. The bookshop air mustve messed with my brain and made me forget that im in no financial situation to be forking out for Waterstones priced books, especially hardbacks. Gosh, in this economy what was i thinking? 

But then again, its tahereh mafi so i made an exception.

Anyways, i got sidetracked.

My eyes subconsciously eyes the doorway as 1pm rolled around, hoping to catch a glimpse of everyone's favourite moody yet sweet regular customer. On this particular day, he entered with another person. A tall guy with curly hair and round metallic rimmed glasses that contrasted his medium brown skin. 

For some reason as they reached the counter i avoided eye contact, unsure of how to react. We hadn't talked again after our call the other night.

"Hi there, what can i get you both today?"

His friend seemed to squint at me, a calculating gaze that i was unsure if it was due to his bad eyesight or an ulterior motive.

Leo nodded at me in acknowledgment,

"A brownie and regular latte for me please." 

He turned to the man  beside him,

"Ish?"

"Uh a cream slice and a large Frappuccino please."

They payed and made their way over to an empty table. However as they walked away I heard the faint sound of 'ish's' voice enquiring, "is that sofa girl??" followed by a thump on the arm from leo.

"So it is then?"

Wow.

Sofa girl.

What a cute nickname.

 I may aswell swoon right here and now.

My shift passed by pretty uninterestungly as i tried to keep my mind from wandering to a certain someone.

However as i saw they were starting to leave, their demeanour changing as they pulled their coats over their shoulders and started to pick up their things, i made my way towards their table as my one chance.

"Just to let you guys know we're having a board games night at the cafe"

"Oh?"

"Yeah oh.  it was my brilliant idea. Where's my promotion at?"

Atleast I should get a new unstained current name tag uniform.

"You guys should come, it'll be fun i promise."

"Cool" leo replied, in an uninterested tone that made me enquire for clarification.

"So you'll come?"

"Are you asking or threatening us because im getting gun point vibes from this?"

"Threatening. Im glad you got the gist."

"Hardy har har, aren't you just a comedian."

"Well you were laughing plenty  the other day so dont even"

"I can't remember once laughing"

"I could tell internally you were"

"Agree to disagree"

For once i decided to be the bigger person and relent, as i really did need someone to attend for it to be worthwhile.

"Pleasee"

"I'm busy"

"you don't even know when it is"

"I'll be busy I'm sure."

I sighed exasperatedly, "whyy?"

"Not a board games man."

"Yeah, you give sore loser vibes"

"Excuse me??"

"You heard me"

"You should come n prove me wrong"

'Nope."

I turned to his friend in a last ditch attempt,

"you should definitely come. Its on the 17th. You seem much more fun than him anyways"

He grinned, "finally im getting the appreciation i deserve. Because yes yes i am."

I grinned at his contagious happiness, while  Leo looked increasingly unhappy. Ish seemingly clocked and laughed mirthlessly before speaking again, 

"We'll for sure be there" was his reply, wearing a mischievous grin.

"We will not." 

Leo interjected, using what i assumed was his no nonsense tone.

"It's okay, you're rubbish at games, i get it. I wouldn't show up either to just be embarrased"

He rolled his eyes,

"I won't fall for your childish tactics. Good bye Samantha." 

Dang, i really thought that'd get him.

I didn't get a chance to correct him on my name.