Chapter 5

-
-

JUNNI

Alright, I'll see you later. Let me know if you need the address again!" Junni called as her and Sumiko went in separate directions.

As Junni headed toward her car, her mind began wandering. 'I can't believe I'm going from an entire one bedroom to a little studio.' 'Is my painting even good enough to sell?' 'What if I go broke? How embarrassing would that be, maybe this move wasn't a good idea...I've still got time I could just stay here and renew my lease—' No. Junni sighed as she blank away those thoughts.

She tightened her grip on her canvas as she continued toward where she parked. "Where God guides, he provides." She reminds as the verses that got her through these tough times began popping up. As she thought on these verses she began to also remind herself that God had given her these promises, days, weeks, months and even years before this very moment.

Hebrews 11:1 , Isaiah 55:8-13

'I know that your thoughts aren't my thoughts , and your ways aren't my ways Jesus. Your words don't return to you void. I will go out in joy and be lead out in peace.'

As Junni continued to remind herself of her anchor verses, she approached her vehicle and opened the trunk putting the canvas inside, closing it and walking to get in her car. She knows that she is exactly where she should be, and that maybe she has been placed in this position for a reason.

As she started her car and pulled off , music began to play. She sighed looking forward to the busy and hectic day ahead of her.

-
-

JAY

"It starts with you, you know that right?" "Nuh uh! I payed last time, it starts with you." "Funny you'd say that because I have the receipt from when I paid before last time, so it's not me."

"Well if it's not me, and it's not you the we know it's yours." "Jay." "...Jay, bro you good?" "Ji-Hu!"

Jays head snapped in his friends direction as he heard his name be called. "Huh? What?" He asked a confused expression creeping onto his face to match their own. "What? Are y'all okay?"

"We should be asking you that question." Jamari stated as Marc butted in. "Actually we did, I did anyways. What's wrong with you? You've been acting strange ever since last night." Marc reveals as Jamari raises an eyebrow.

"Have not, and how would you know anyways? We just met up!" Jay defends as Marc perks up. Jamari shook his head knowing where this was headed.

"So I need to pull out the receipts?" Marc asked as he proceeded to pull out his phone and open their thread. Jay groaned in frustration and dropped his head in his hands.

"And I quote, 'Don't drink the punch, I'm going home, be safe.' You don't text like that! I was worried. Then I'm calling bro and he not answering the phone." Marc sasses causing Jay to groan again and sit up.

"여, shut up already. I told you I'm fine! 잘말 자증 난다." He muttered looking ahead as he crossed his arms as he sat back with a now evident attitude.

If his tone wasn't enough, the tiny pout he was doing should be a primary give away.

Marc turned up his nose as Jamari pulled up his notes to copy down what he was hearing so he could look it up later.

"뭐? 여, 내말 안듣고 있잔ㅎ아."

"I don't really want to talk right now, I'm upset."

Marc shook his head as he looked at Jamari who was still typing. After a moment of observation he finally figured out at least one part of the conversation. "Why are you upset?" Jamari asked as Jay pursed his lips