Seeing her in person almost felt surreal. I just wanted to run to her and kiss her in front of everyone, or just be as physically near to her as I could.

I felt even more restless at work, knowing that she wasn't thousands of miles away from me anymore, but just along the road.

you: i can come to you in like ten minutes if you want

I wrote to her right as I was done with my shift, waiting to be outside just in case Maya started with the jokes about who I was texting.

sam<3: Sure, I'm pretty much done with work

The walk between work and campus never took me less than that day, it probably seemed as if I was almost running, from the outside. I didn't realize how much I'd missed being in the professor's office corridor until I was back there, checking if anyone would notice I wasn't supposed to be there.

Not even a second passed between me hearing "Come in" and opening the door.

"Hello there" Sam said as I walked in.

"Hi!" I exclaimed maybe too loudly. "How are you?"

"Pretty good" she got up and walked in front of me. "Oh my god, I missed you so much"

"Me too" I said as I instinctively hugged her.

She hugged me back, soon pulling away to move her face closer to mine and kiss me. Properly, firmly kiss me on the lips this time, not the kind of kiss we shared before she left.

"I missed this too" she added, gently pushing me backwards so the back of my body was leaning on her desk.

"Same" I smiled, trying to take her hands in mine without looking down because I just couldn't stop looking at her face.

"How was your day?" she laughed at my attempt and squeezed my hands before I succeeded.

"Restless because I knew you were close to me but we couldn't get closer than that. I almost spilt a whole ass large coffee on a customer at work"

"Good thing you didn't" she chuckled. "Same for me after I saw you in class. How was my substitute, by the way?"

"He made everything ten times more boring. You're definitely better" I giggled.

"You're just saying that because you're biased" she laughed.

"No, I swear Mei told me the exact same thing yesterday"

"Well, I'm glad to be back then"

"You must be tired, though. Jet lag and everything"

"I thought I'd be worse, honestly. It'll probably all catch up to me this evening" she shrugged.

"Also, did I interrupt you working or something?" I asked, looking up because she was once again wearing heels.

"Not at all, I'm pretty much done for today. I doubt that someone will need me in these last twenty minutes anyway, so we can leave now if you want, actually"

"Sure" I smiled. "But please tell me you would've left in any case, I don't want to be the cause of you leaving early"

"Oh, shush" she laughed. "Did not seeing me for ten days make you go back to the scared of me version of you, when we were just getting to know each other?"

"Could be" I giggled, even if what I really wanted to say was that probably not seeing her for ten days knowing she was mad at me the day before leaving did have that effect.

"I promise I would have left anyway, then" she said before planting a quick kiss on my lips and moving back behind her desk, to gather her stuff.

"Should I leave before you just in case?"