~ You're not human...are you? ~ Chapter 1

Walking through the streets of Tokyo with your hands in the pockets of your hoodie. You find yourself standing in front of a coffee shop. With a sigh you enter the shop to see an old man serving someone. You frown hearing a loud laugh from a orange haired boy. You decide to ignore and walk towards the counter.

"Hey." You murmur and the old man smiles and comes towards you.

"Hello, what would you like?" He questions as you smile back

"Uh, actually...I was wondering if you're hiring? I could really use a job. I have my CV with me." You chuckle awkwardly and then scavenge through your bag, pulling out a CV and passing it to the man.

"Hm..." he hums examining the CV then looking towards you.

"Sorry for short notice." You chuckle awkwardly

"I don't see why not. We could use an extra hand around here and you seem to be perfectly qualified." He accepts and you grin widely taking back your CV and putting it in your bag.

"Great, when do I start?" You question

"Now. Uniforms at back, find a size that'll fit you. Think of this day as training. Chop chop." The man chuckles and your eyes widen at starting so soon. You nod your head and walk into the back of the cafe. You change into uniform and walk back out. A women with brown hair gives you a notepad and pen

"Good luck!" She mumbles to you with a sweet smile and you offer her a smile back before walking out to serve tables.

"Excuse me miss! Can I get a cappuccino?" The orange hair shouts to you and you nod your head with a smile before walking over to there table and writing down

"One cappuccino." You murmur writing it down

"You want one, Kaneki?" The orange hair questions

"No, I haven't decided yet." Kankei mumbles

"Oh, and...what is your name?" The orange hair questions turning to you with a closed-eye smile. You raise an eyebrow and crack a finger to contain your anger.

"Hide!" Kaneki scowls

"Y/n L/n." You answer through gritted teeth

"Let me just cut to the chase, are you seeing anyone?" He questions standing up and going right in your face with a smile.

"Cut it out, Hide!" Kaneki scolds also standing up. You chuckle lightly and narrow your eyes towards Hideyoshi

"I suggest you sit back down, we don't want to have any unnecessary problems now." You say in a low warning tone before walking off. A girl with purple hair walks past you and you instantly feel something strange about her.

"Good luck Kaneki! You're gonna need all you can get, buddy!" Hideyoshi shouts as he waves at his friend before leaving.

~~~

The day runs quite fast and you were about to leave until the purple short-haired employee grabbed your wrist with a serious expression, her grip tight but you push her off you with confusion and anger written on your face.