Episode 6 - Food And Water

Hyden exhaled, sitting on the floor, 'what a narrow escape! Right on time buddy.'

Lucifer smiled back while Venessa came running towards him, 'is your leg okay?'

'Yes, it will be fine,'

They exchanged smiles and everyone went back to the room where they originally were.

'What's the time?' Sam asked sitting down on the floor with legs spread out and hands on the ground.

'It's 3,' Lucifer replied patting his leg. Sam looked confused, after thinking for about a minute she spoke moving her fingers nervously, 'I think the days are short and nights longer than normal here. I switched my timer on, and the watch shows 3, which means according to the speed at which the day passed, it should be daytime, but...'

'Fuck, that means these creatures will be stronger for a longer time,' Venessa shrieked.

'It's because so that they can stay stronger for a longer time,' Hyden said, 'I guessed it will be like this. But the real problem is not this...'

'It's survival. The food and the water!'

There was no movement. It seemed as if everyone has turned to stone. The realization, that they have to arrange food and most importantly water, which they haven't seen yet hit them hard.

It was Sam who broke the silence, 'when the earth broke, I fell along with my bed.'

Venessa jumped, 'guys, I was cooking when it happened, means...''

'The stove is here someone in this room,' Hyden stood up, ' where you landed exactly,'

'There,' she pointed where the curtains were lying.

There was a sudden flow of energy in the room, the four of them were rushing from place to place picking up the broken chairs and the curtains to find the stove.

Suddenly Lucifer called from a corner, 'Guys..'

He was standing with the stove, 'great!' Venessa said happily. 'The cylinder is full, it will easily last for a month,' she added clapping her hands.

'But the utensils?'Hyden asked.

'I got them,' Sam rushed towards the rods, ' here there are some!'

'Perfect! These are mine by the way,' Lucifer replied promptly, 'I never got time to arrange them in the kitchen, so...'

'My bed is here,' Sam pointed towards a wooden bed in the middle of the room.

'But the problem remains the same, what about raw materials? Where we will be getting the vegetables to cook?' Venessa asked looking around for some clue.

'We have to leave this room to get something to cook,' Sam said. She had a determined look on her face.

'And we won't be alive to eat them then,' Lucifer grunted.

'As it is we will not survive for more than 5 days if we decide to sit here,' Sam shouted angrily.

'She is right,' Lucifer rose in her support, ' if we don't get something to eat or drink, there is no chance we will be alive for long.'

'Then what do you want to say? Should I go into one of the creature's shops and ask him for food?' Lucifer retorted.

'We have to think of that, but one thing is clear, we want food. As we killed this creature today itself, there is no chance there will be another this night, we have to figure out today itself.'

Venessa was quiet till now, she was silently sitting in one corner with her hands folded and eyes right on the cupboard in front of her. Sam noticed her, 'What are you thinking.'

She exhaled, 'I have a plan, it's dangerous surely, but if everything goes well, we may succeed. There is plenty of wood and cloth, and the creatures are not less than walking logs. So if Hyden sits on Lucifer's shoulder and we cover them well with the wood and the curtains, this can work out!'

Hyden rubbed his hands, while Sam analyzed the situation. Lucifer went towards Hyden, 'What's your weight?'

'What, you are in this,' he moved away from him.

'It's the best option available.'

'I also think so, let's do this,' Sam walked straight towards the curtains pulling one out from the dirty sofa sets.

'They are so dirty!' Lucifer exclaimed moving nearer to the curtains.

'That's exactly what we want. You both sleep for some time, while I and Sam will make the arrangements. The next few fours are crucial for us,'

............................................... to be continued 

Thanks for reading :)

Next part within a week :)