63: Behavior

As we got to Paul's house, I slide down his side landing on my feet. I walk closer to his face and caress him, he looks so cute and fluffy. I smile and he pushes me towards the sliding window, telling me to go inside.

I turn and slide the door open leaving it open for Paul to come in later. I leave my bag pack on the couch and walk over to the kitchen. Paul had a hot chocolate machine and it was my life. I started the machine and got to cups the got the mini marshmallows.

"Are you okay?" I hear Paul come in and close the sliding window.

"It's just Bella"

Paul didn't like Bella, for two reasons. One that she was with Edward and he's a "leech" and two the fact that she makes me feel like crap every other day.

A low growl escaped from his mouth as I said her name, followed by an eye roll.

"It's fine, honestly at this point I just have to accept this is the way it's going to be"

"That's because you want it to be like this, with us you wouldn't have to worry about Bella"

"The Cullens are like family" I sigh.

"They are blood sucking leeches" He walks over as the hot chocolate was ready.

I stayed quiet, I learned that when it came to the Cullens, Paul looses his shit. He poured hot chocolate in both cups and adds a ton of marshmallows into mine.

I smile and grab it from his hand and make my way to the windows. I sat in front admiring nature. I close my eyes and I hear Paul take closer steps then finally seating behind me, his legs on either side of me and I leaned back into his chest.

"I love your house" I speak softly and sip my hot chocolate.

"I know you do" He chuckles.

"It's just so peaceful"

"Yeah, I like that about it too"

"When is your dad coming back?" I ask.

"A few days but he won't stay long, his job keeps him busy"

"What does it feel like?"

"What do you mean?" He says confused by my question.

"Being alone must of the time"

"Before it was frustrating, I hated coming back to an empty home but now with the pack I don't feel alone"

I stayed quiet and just watched the scenery in front of me while feeling Paul's chest rise up and down as he breathed.

"How's Veronica?" I ask referring to his new girlfriend of the month.

After the Bella incident, Paul stuck around the house often, we would hangout with the pack and do things together but when we started arguing over things like guys flirting with me or Paul's nasty attitude I told him we were nothing but friends and it was going to stay that way because that's what I wanted. He started seeing girls and many different ones at the same time, it was a little annoying but I couldn't really say anything I was the one that said we were only going to be friends. And I can't really be mad, he would defend me if they ever said something mean and by they I mean the girls he was seeing. They were always so bitchy.

"She's good" He pauses. "She's coming to the bonfire on Friday" He clears his throat.

"Oh"

"She doesn't have to if you don't want her there"

"No no it's okay, she's your girlfriend, plus she hasn't been mean yet" I laugh and so does Paul.

"It hasn't been that bad" He laughs again.

"Oh really? What about Hilary? She was just stupidly rude for no reason" I laugh remembering her attacking everyone and being so controlling.

"She was just jealous" He chuckles.

"Please" I laugh. "Don't justify her awful behavior" I wipe a tear away and drink more hot chocolate.

"Fine whatever" He laugh a little moving me on his chest. "But Veronica hasn't been mean to you right?"

"Well no not directly"

"Not directly?"

"Yeah you know, just the occasional glare and indirect comments she makes"

"I'll keep an eye out for those"

"You guys never seem to catch them so don't worry, plus I have Emily if anything" I smile.

"You guys have really bonded huh?"

"Yeah, somehow she feels like a part of me, I can sense when she's upset, happy, nervous and so on"

"It's like you guys linked?" He asked while seating up and bring me up with him.

"Yeah something like that" I turn to face him. "Why?"

"Nothing, just asking I guess" He smiles and drinks his hot chocolate.

Ever since we exchanged secrets I feel like Paul has been keeping something from me, I'm not sure what it is but I feel like it's definitely something big. I was about to ask him about it when I heard my phone vibrate. I stand up and get in from my bag and walk back to where I was sitting.

2:10p.m "I'll be at your house in 5-10 minutes:)"

"Oh shit... I gotta go" I get up.

"What's wrong, let me take you" Paul gets up.

"No it's okay, I'll just fly" I take off my jacket, thank god I show a low cut back spaghetti strap shirt.

"You can't be all alone in the woods"

"Paul we've talked about this before, I can handle my self I'll be fine plus it'll take me 7 minutes tops to get to my house"

"Fine but text me as soon as you get there" He opens the sliding window leading to his backyard.

"Yes I will" I grab my backpack and jacket. I quickly get my wings out and buzzing. "Bye" I elevate my self to Paul's height giving him a kiss on the cheek and flying towards to forest.

A nervous wave hit my stomach followed my butterflies, every physical interaction I had with Paul made me feel weird. But right now these feelings were because I was going to see Quil.