31: Back Seat

"Are you okay?" Quil asks.

"I just feel stupid" I hug him tighter.

"You're not stupid, just too kind" He sighs and rests his chin on my head. "Let's get you to the car" He pulls away.

"Piggy back?" I show him my puppy eyes.

"Only because you're sad" He rolls his eyes and bends down.

"Okay but run fast because I'm wearing a skirt" I hop on.

"Anything else?" He laughs.

"No just that, now run" He stands up and runs around the corner and to a parking lot. We get to Embry's car and he opens the door, turns and seats me inside the car, then he gets inside.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He sits side way and leans on the door, facing me.

"Not really" I turn and lean my back on his chest.

"I'm here if you need me" He wraps his arms around me.

"Thank you" I lean further into him.

"I'm always here for you"

"I'm always here for you too" He kisses the top of my head. "How long do you think they'll take?" I ask.

"They should've been back, long time ago, they are definitely beating him up" He laughs.

"That's not funny Quil, they better not be, he's not worth it"

"I know" He laughs. "Are you still cold?"

"I'm getting warmer"

"Hold on" He reaches over, bringing me with him and grabs the blanket I left here last time and placed it on top of us.

"Thank you"

"Let me get comfortable" He says.

He moves me off him, spreads his legs a little, picks me up and places me in the little space between them. Both of my legs lay on top his right leg and my body on his chest then wraps an arm around my back.

"Comfortable?" I ask.

"Yes, you?"

"Almost" I smile. I wrap my arm around his neck and nuzzle my face in his neck. "Now I am"

The last thing I remember before falling asleep was thinking, where Jacob and Embry were. After that I fell asleep.