𝟸 ;; 𝑫𝑨𝑵𝑪𝑬.

𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬 ❥︎ inspired by the videoabove<3

above<3

━━━━

"good evening, home." i greeted the animated home when i reached the door, "is wally here?"
the door creaked open in response, the sound of music flowing out from the open door.

i thanked the house before stepping inside, removing my coat and hanging it up. the music seemed to be coming from wally's kitchen, which confused me a bit. at first i assumed the blue haired painter was just working on another piece of art in his front room.

but the easel was unattended, the paintbrushes hadn't been touched since the last time i had been here (which had only been this morning).

i followed the sound of the music to the kitchen, peeking in to see wally dancing along to the music. there where cooking ingredients on the counter top to the side, maybe wally had been planning to bake something but had gotten a bit distracted? but wally didn't eat. so why would he be baking? it was confusing.

i didnt have the chance to really cast any mind to the cooking supplies as i was too distracted by the dancing of my blue haired boyfriend. he seemed very carefree, but he there was still a sense of class to the way he danced.

"i know you're watching me, [y/n]."

being so suddenly called out made my eyes widen a bit as i cleared my throat, the kitchen door now fully opening to reveal me. "huh? i wasn't watching. i only just got here-!" i exclaimed in a defensive tone which caused wally to lazily laugh.

the taller male made his way over, gently taking my hand and pulling me to the centre of the kitchen where he had been dancing only seconds before.

"what brings you back here tonight?" wally asked as he spun me round, my back now pressed against his chest, his arms around my waist loosely. he swayed us gently from side to side, in time with the music of course.

"do i need a reason to come and visit you?" i questioned as i allowed him to gently sway me to the music. i felt his gaze travel down to me, "well of course not, but normally, during the evening you visit eddie and help him sort out any mail he has left over."

that was correct, every evening i would make my way to eddie's post office and help him sort out any mail that had maybe gone unnoticed or slipped under a table or just out of eddie's bag. but tonight, eddie had said there wasn't any spare mail. he even came to my house to save me the trip of walking to the post office and finding out there. he was a sweetheart afterall.

"well eddie said he had no leftover mail tonight, so now you have been burdened with me." i spoke with a small laugh as wally spun me around in his arms so i was now back to facing him.

"tell me, do you know how to dance?" wally asked, his eyes staring into mine. back when we first met, that hard stare freaked me out, but now it was a stare i weirdly loved. but anyway, dance? sure, i would dance sometimes with julie and sally, but it was only a playful silly thing. i didn't know how to dance like wally. he was loose but classy, almost hypnotic.

"dance? like you? no." i hummed in response, "you dance in such a unique way, i doubt i'd be able to match you."

wally chuckled, "let me lead then." he hummed as he took my hand in his and held it up before spinning me on the spot once or twice slowly.

it didnt take long before we where both dancing in the kitchen. he would spin me around every now and then, laughing at me when i lost my balance though he would always catch me and hold me to his chest while we both swayed together. i was suprised i could even match his tempo, but once you got into it. it was surprisingly easy.

"i knew you would be good at this." wally cooed after spinning me around once again before pulling me back to the safety of his chest.

i rolled my eyes in a playful manner, "only because you're guiding me. if i was doing this on my own i would look like a baby deer learning to walk."

wally smiled, "im glad you came over tonight, [y/n]. so i could have this dance." his voice was quiet, that sleepy tone that i so adored.

we stayed there for awhile, just swaying to the music, enjoying eachovers company. we rarely got moments like this alone, considering the other neighbors where so social and always wanted either wally or myself for something. so times like this where cherished by both of us.

"wally?"

"yes?"

"lets do this more often, ok?"

"of course."

━━━━

𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬 ❥︎ ik it shorter
than the last one!! but i thought
short & sweet was the way to
go with this one! i hope
you liked it!

𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬 ❥︎ ik it shorterthan the last one!! but i thoughtshort & sweet was the way togo with this one! i hopeyou liked it!