Chapter 45: The End of the Traitor

Jaden stares at the Seer after he is confronted by Salem.

Jaden: ...

Salem: My son.

Jaden: Are you fucking with me right now.

Salem: Sadly, I am not joking.

Jaden: For over 16 years of my life you have the audacity to show up right now! Did you really hate me that much!

Salem: There was a reason and I did not want you and Yusei to end up like your sisters. I decided to call a truce with your father, but it seems making that decision was a terrible mistake. I am so sorry.

Jaden: After everything that happened to me... especially my time in SAO when a group of red players tried to recruit me and killed my friend and I ended up killing 7 members and I killed 18 more... I killed 25 people that wanted to kill me...

Salem: You didn't have a choice, did you.

Jaden: I didn't... I had to survive for two years in the death game. My life was on the line.

Salem: And you somehow managed to make it out. This world does interest me.

Jaden: Don't get any wrong ideas.

Then, Jaden sits on his bed.

Jaden: The difference between this world and Remnant is that this world only has humans, No Faunus, No Grimm, No Dust and No Huntsmen and Huntresses. Plus you and everyone from Remnant are fictional characters from a webshow.

Salem: Interesting. A world different from Remnant, yet so many people.

Jaden: And it's not very advanced. For Earth, the year is 2026.

Jaden then closes his mouth.

Jaden: Shoot. Why would I say all these things to you?

Salem: No, no. I'm not gonna send Grimm or destroy it.

Jaden: I see...mom...did you really care about me...after everything that happened...

Salem: Yes. I was just scared of losing you and Yusei.

Jaden: I see, but now I don't know how to explain this to my friends and girlfriend.

Salem: It's best if you don't.

Jaden: Alright.

Rin: Jaden, are you awake?

Jaden: Yeah!

Then, he looks back as the Seer was already gone.

Jaden: (Opens his door) Is something wrong Rin?

Rin: It's already 9:30 in the morning, dingus.

Jaden: Oh! I'll be heading out.

Rin: Okay, then.

Jaden: Knowing you, ALO for the time being?

Rin: Nah. I'm going out to Dicey Cafe.

Jaden: Okay. Later.

Rin: See ya.

Jaden then heads out the door.

Jaden: Time to see Sara.

Then, Jaden heads over to see Sara.

Jaden gets on his motorcycle and heads to the park where he and Asuna participated last night.

Jaden: Come to think of it Klein and his guild were nowhere to be seen last night? I wonder what happened?

Kotone: David?

Jaden: Hey, Philia.

Kotone: Are you here for Ashley?