Chapter 6: Phantom Avenger

When Yolko disappeared, David looks and saw a hooded man on the rooftops.

David: I'll go after him! You guys stay here!

Koharu: What?!

Asuna: Hang on!

David goes after the hooded man as he takes out a teleport crystal. He uses his throwing knives to attack at the hooded man and he disappeared just before he reached the ground.

David: Shit! He got away!

David heads back to the Yamahya lodge. He opens the door only to get scolded by Asuna.

Asuna: You idiot! Don't be so impulsive!

David: Sorry...

Asuna sheathed her rapier.

Ashley: Did you get him?

David: He got away with a teleport crystal.

Kirito: Inns are designed to protect everyone inside, so I assumed we would be safer here. Damn!

He punches the wall.

Schmitt: That robe he was wearing was Griselda's.

Philia: Huh?

Strea: What are you talking about?

Schmitt: That was Griselda's ghost. She came back to life to seek vengeance! If she is a ghost then it's very easy to PK in safe zones!

Simon: Are you sure about that? I think you're being paranoid.

David: That was no ghost. There's gotta be a logical explanation behind the safe zone murders. There has to.

At night they head to the park.

Asuna: I wonder if that person wearing the robe really was Griselda's ghost. After seeing something unbelievable happen twice, I'm starting to think it's not to far fetched.

Kirito: That's definitely impossible. If it was a ghost it wouldn't have escaped with a teleport crystal.

Simon: A hooded player... could it be Laughing Coffin? Those bitches have hoods on.

David: Wait a minute. Teleport crystal?

Kirito: Yeah.

Ashley: What's up?

David: It's nothing. (Why would a ghost need a Teleport crystal? Unless...)

Simon: Hm...

Then, Asuna takes out a sandwich and gives it to Kirito.

Asuna: Here.

Kirito: Is this for me?

Asuna: Of course. Why else would I give it to you? It's not like I'm mocking you or anything.

Kirito: Thank you.

Asuna: I also got some for you guys too.

Simon: Despite being a bitch to us, you do have heart.

Then, she bonks Simon's head really hard, creating a big bump on his head. Simon holds it in pain.

Simon: Owww?