At that time, Liu Shuang had rejected Sheng Ci's pursuit because she was always concerned about Qin Qing, which provoked Sheng Ci's competitive nature. He was determined to win over the female lead.

During the darkest days of Liu Shuang's life, when Qin Qing betrayed her and Chang Yao died because of her, Sheng Ci had always been by Liu Shuang's side, attentive and considerate. Even a stone would gradually soften when faced with such persistent "warmth", let alone Liu Shuang, who was a gentle girl and inexperienced in the world.

Just when she was starting to loosen up and accept Sheng Ci's affection, she suddenly discovered that Sheng Ci was actually a central air conditioner.

When Liu Shuang was sick, he would use the excuse of buying medicine to go out and visit the Yunqu Pavilion; when Liu Shuang was sound asleep, he would flirt with the neighboring girl, secretly cheating on her.

If it weren't for someone who couldn't bear to see it and came to expose him, Liu Shuang would probably still be kept in the dark. His companionship and deep affection were all fake and fraudulent, copy-pasted disguises.

But the most heartless people are often the most affectionate.

Faced with the numerous betrayals, deceptions, and separations in the world, Sheng Ci dealt Liu Shuang a heavy blow, shattering all her remaining hopes and expectations for the mortal world.

... Such a scumbag must not get close to Liu Shuang anymore! The best outcome would be to completely cut him off from her life, so that all these nightmares would not happen again.

Shen Qiqi's expression changed immediately, and she took Liu Shuang away from Sheng Ci, leaving Sheng Ci bewildered and at a loss in place.

She looked serious and said, "Senior sister, you must stay far away from him in the future."

Liu Shuang looked at her with interest, a hint of smile at the corner of her mouth, "Hmm? Why?"

Shen Qiqi raised her eyebrows, immediately made up a set of excuses, and didn't forget to blacken Sheng Ci as she spoke, "I see that his forehead is dark, his eyebrows are like rats, he has the appearance of a sinister wolf. Such a person should be avoided at all costs, as he will absorb all your luck! He's very bad!"

Liu Shuang nodded seemingly convinced, her eyebrows slightly furrowed, her eyes rippling like misty willows, filled with three parts of worry and helplessness, "Junior sister's words are true... What should we do then?"

"No need to worry," Shen Qiqi said as she saw Liu Shuang leaning against her, looking like a naive and pitiful little white flower, her protective instinct soaring, patting her chest and promising, "I'll keep a close eye on him, he won't dare to approach you."

Liu Shuang smiled slightly and nodded, "Thank you, Junior sister."

As the two spoke, the square had already been arranged properly, with a red circular arena set up in the center. Inner disciples sat on the left side, while outer disciples sat on the right side, and in the center were the peak masters and disciples from other sects who came to watch the battle.

The promotion test adopted a one-on-one random match mode, and the two sides called up for the match had to go on stage regardless of the reason.

Shen Qiqi found two good seats in the front row and sat down side by side with Liu Shuang.

To Shen Qiqi's surprise, Sheng Ci was sitting very close to them, smiling at the two of them.

What's he smiling at! Asking for a beating!

Shen Qiqi glared at him, turned her head, and ignored Sheng Ci's bewildered expression.

"Senior sister, how are you prepared?" She leaned close to Liu Shuang and whispered softly, "Don't be nervous, do your best later, don't put too much pressure on yourself."