A new friend...

The girl ran through the forest, not looking for a cave to stay in for the night, not looking for anyone who could help her, no, instead she was searching for something that could kill her, a Grimm pool. Despite being a grimm herself, Ruby believed that the pools could kill her and end her suffering. And after hours of searching, she found nothing. Nothing at all...

Eventually, it became too dark to see and her body was not fully accustomed to changing its race, so she was not nocturnal yet... She eventually found a large tree that she could sleep under for the night. As she slept, she found herself in a world that was seemingly like heaven, only with broken chains and weapons of all types stabbed into the ground. She searched around in this strange world, but she found nothing. And she was about to give up searching for anything, she heard a deep voice call to her from the Beyond.

???: Go To Marrowyr, there you will find what you seek, but you will be given a choice. But for now, AWAKEN!

Ruby then sprung to life seeing that the sky was now much brighter, but it was not day, not yet anyway. She looked at the stump of the tree and found it had grown around a stone tablet with directions on it

"MARROWYR THIS WAY →→→"

The stone sign appeared to be old, at least 1,000 years old. Ruby then followed where the sign pointed, it eventually led her to a burned down village, what once was a thriving village was reduced to mere Ash and charred logs and stones. The only thing left was a old temple covered in Moss with chipped stones and doors with large claw marks on them...

Ruby entered the old Temple, there she found it, skeletons over a thousand skeletons. The blood that once flowed through these skeletons was now old and rotten, it stained the floor into a crimson shade of red.

Ruby: W-what is this p-place?

Suddenly, a shadowed or cloaked figure moved within the shadows, this of course, terrified Ruby.

Ruby: WHO'S THERE?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The figure then moved closer to the light, revealing a man who seemed to be a fully animal cat faunus.

???: Welcome child.

Ruby: who are you? Were you sent by Ozpin to track me down?!?!?!

The cat man then chuckled.

???: So that's what Ozma goes by nowadays...

Ruby then looked at the man with confusion.

Ruby: Ozma, you mean the warrior who fought against Salem right?

The mysterious man also gave Ruby a confused look.

???: If I'm correct, isn't he called a "hero" if so then why did you call him a warrior instead of a hero?

Ruby: because, I don't really know much about him and I can't just think of someone as a hero just because they fought against someone who is widely considered to be the villain.