Nothing but a monster

~Nya's POV~

I was worried about Kai. The team had to go participate in a talent show again to defeat another enemy that had planned to finally reveal themselves. The guys and I were insisting that we do a team act, but Kai insisted on doing his own act, even setting himself on fire when I tried to put my hand on his shoulder. We had finished our act and snuck down into the audience to watch Kai. He stepped up to the microphone and began to sing.

People say I've been changing
I don't act the same
My minds rearranging
I don't feel a thing

I'm not the kid that I used to be
I've grown into a man
They just don't know the other half of me
What I really am

A sense of dread overcame me as Kai looked at us with fire in his eyes. I glanced at the guys to find them pinned to the seats with similar looks of horror on their faces. Lloyd looked the most devastated. Kai taught him pretty much everything he knows about sword fighting and his Fire.

When I look at myself in the mirror
I can see clearer

I'm nothing but a monster
You can see it in my eyes
It's crawling under my skin
And I don't think I can hide what
I am
Anymore
I'm nothing but a monster

As Kai kept singing, I got the feeling that he had done terrible things in secret, things that we will never know about. I tried to get up out of my seat only to find that I was bound with some kind of dark fire. When had he managed to do that? Looking at the others, they were similarly bound, though not hurt, despite Cole's struggling.

There's a Devil on my shoulder
He's trying to come in
He said you might think you know me
But you don't know my sins

There's a place where my demons try to hide
Deep down inside of me
For so long I've kept them locked away but tonight
I'm setting them free

When I look at myself in the mirror
I can see clearer

As Kai reached the apex of this chorus, he set himself on fire, hiding from the view of the audience. When the flames vanished, my brother had the wings and tail feathers of a hellfire phoenix from legend with the flames in his eyes to match.

I'm nothing but a monster
You can see it in my eyes
It's crawling under my skin
And I don't think I can hide what
I am
Anymore
I'm nothing but a monster

The audience realized what was going on and who the new enemy truly was. The crowds began screaming and fleeing for the exits before Kai blocked them with his dark fire.

The man in my reflection
And I am not the same
You see him in my likeness
He answers to my name

When I look at myself in the mirror
I can see clearer

Kai kept singing as the other guys finally broke free of our restraints and charged at him. He knew all of our moves, and we knew none of his in this form, but his wings had to be a weak point if we could get past the sharp feathers.

I'm nothing but a monster
You can see it in my eyes
It's crawling under my skin
And I don't think I can hide what I am,
I don't think I can hide what, I am
I'm nothing but a monster

After we were all thrown to the ground away from him, Kai looked at us with a sneer. "You can blame Wu for this," Kai said before he vanished in a burst of hellfire.