Disobedience- Part 1

Although Joe told Shantelle in no certain terms not to get involved in the Darnell situation, she had no intentions of leaving the situation alone. She felt that if it wasn't for Darnell, Joe wouldn't have gotten drunk and raped her, he wouldn't have snapped and attacked him and the police causing his subsequent arrest. So as far as Shantelle was concerned, Darnell was the cause of their problems, and in her mind, he needed to pay no matter what. It was just a matter of how and when. She was also curious as to whether or not Darnell was responsible for the murder of her mother in law. She was gonna find out one way or another, and if he was indeed responsible may the Good Lord help his worthless ass. The thirst for revenge was so strong in Shantelle she couldn't stand it. But she couldn't keep it to herself, so she decided to confide in the one person that she was most comfortable with—and that was her husband's cousin Joshua.

Ever since she married Joe, Joshua viewed Shantelle like the little sister he and Jonathan always wanted. So Shantelle decided to have him come over when Joe was out at a business meeting.

"What's up little ucette!" Joshua said when he came over to the house.

"Hey Josh. I'm glad you came over." Shantelle said looking nervous.

"Why was gonna on ma?" Josh asked, concerned.

"I'm looking to get my payback on the asshole who got my baby arrested." Shantelle said.

"Oh wow....um....does big Uce know what you wanna do?" Josh asked rubbing the back of his neck nervously, knowing his cousin's temperament.

"Yeah.....he does...kinda." She said nervously.

"Ok and what he say?" Josh asked.

"He told me to stay away from him and to leave it alone." She replied.

"Well....uh...don't you think you should do what he says?" Josh asked.

"I know...but I can't." She says.

"Why?"

"Well...can I tell you something secret?" She says.

"Uh sure."

"Well...I can't prove it....but I think he was the one who killed Joe's mother." She said.

"Are you serious? How do you know?" Josh asked, his eyes wide.

Shantelle explained what Darnell had said to her the day he delivered the groceries from Instacart and she put two and two together and believed that he was the murderer.

"Oh shit! That's crazy. So what you got planned?" Josh asked.

"Well I think I'm gonna gain his trust and get more information....by any means necessary." Shantelle said.

"By any means necessary? Oh baby girl, please be cool. You know big Uce crazy." Joshua warned.

"Don't worry I'll be careful. But I have to do this.... I do." She replied.

"Aight, as long as you know what you doing." He replied.

"I do and can you promise me one thing?" She asked.

"Yeah wassup." Josh asked.

"Please don't tell Joe, Jon or Solo." She asked.

"Yeet. Just be careful is all I'm saying." He said.

"Don't worry I will." She replied.

After Josh left, as he was driving home, he thought about what Shantelle had told him and he was conflicted. He had never kept secrets from Joe. He and his twin were the same age as Joe and had essentially grew up together like brothers so keeping secrets from each other was something they didn't do. Josh felt guilty about it, but at the same time, he had grown close to Shantelle and viewed her like another little sister. As he drove, he had a mental reflection...

 As he drove, he had a mental reflection

Joshua's POV

Wow I'm really trippin' right now. My aunt got killed by a muthafucka whose trying to push up on my cousin wife. That's fucked up. Well, I hope that Shantelle gets the information out of him so she can tell big Uce. Joe took my auntie Pat's death real hard. I think if it wasn't for me, Jon and his college homeboy Daniel, he would have killed himself. He went through a real hard time, so much that he had to see a shrink. I'm so glad that he's better now, he's found Shantelle and made her his wife. But this clown possibly killed auntie, that can't ride—not at all, so I'll keep it a secret for now but I hope that big Uce don't get mad at baby girl or found out that I knew because that will be a huge problem. But at the same time, I don't want to betray Shantelle and tell Uce what's going on because she trusted me enough with this information to confide in me. But at the same time, Uce is my blood. Man...I'm so torn. I think I will talk to wifey and see what she thinks I should do. I'm kinda scared because if shit go left and Uce find out I knew what was going on, that crazy muthafucka gonna be at my throat.

 I'm kinda scared because if shit go left and Uce find out I knew what was going on, that crazy muthafucka gonna be at my throat

TBC
What should Josh do? Should he keep it a secret?
Please comment and vote!!

Next chapter: Disobedience Part 2