The Tenth Message

Start from the beginning

Arriving at the hospital, the ambulance nurses put Barcode on the hospital stretcher that the other nurses and a doctor brought in as soon as they left the hospital, they began to rush Barcode to the operating room. Jeff not knowing what was going on with Barcode, seeing the nurses and the doctor talking loudly and giving information to the doctor in the technical language specific to medicine, Jeff was confused and distressed.

Jeff: What!.. what's going on with him?!... What are you all is talking about?...

The nurses begin to enter with hospital stretcher inside the operating room, Jeff tries to enter also wanting to go after the young man he loves, being afraid of what might happen, a few years ago someone he also loved was on this same gurney inside the same operating room, anguished wanting to be close to Barcode but the doctor puts a hand in front of him and stops him.

Doctor: Sir, you can't go through here anymore...

Jeff: No... I want to be with him doc!...let me in please... What's going on with him?....Tell me at once otherwise I'm going to go crazy with this anguish, please...

Doctor: at this moment we don't know the conditions he is in... We have to know where the bullet lodged and if a vital organ was penetrated, so that we can remove it...just calm down... I'll give you more information as soon as the operation is finished.

The doctor gets out of front of Jeff and enters the operating room, Jeff as soon as he sees the doctor entering the room Jeff turns his back to the operating room door putting his hair from front to back with both hands, desperate and very worried.

Three hours passed.

Jeff is in the hospital corridor in front of the operating room door along with Talay, William and Pond.

William looking at Jeff's anguish, Jeff kept pacing up and down the hospital corridor.

William: can you stop walking like that in front of me? I'm tired of seeing a lost soul walking around like crazy... You're making all of us more nervous than we already are...

William rolls his eyes away ignoring Jeff who glared at him.

The doctor leaves the operating room, Jeff on seeing him leave the room, quickly, along with the people who are with him in the corridor, they approach the doctor worriedly.

Jeff: So doc how is he?!..

Sad doctor seeing the worry and nervousness in Jeff's eyes and the others beside him.

Doctor: He ....

An hour has passed

ICU room.

Jeff places a hand on the glass in front of him, letting tears fall as he sees the young man he loves lying on the bed with several wires attached to him, remembering the moment ago with the doctor.

Remembering

Doctor: He's getting better little by little.... The bullet didn't pierce any vital organs, but right now he'll have to stay in the ICU as a precaution.... we have to monitor him overnight... The bullet is an object Infectious can infect at any moment the place where the bullet penetrated, and Unfortunately he lost a lot of blood too... We have his blood type in our stock, we were quick and we managed to save his life for the moment... If his body accepts the medications tonight, tomorrow he can be discharged.

Jeff and everyone in front of the doctor breathed a huge sigh of relief to see that Barcode survived this drama that is death.

Stopping remembering.

Jeff takes a step beside him, puts his hand on the lock and opens the door to the ICU room, he was allowed in, Jeff walks over to Barcode, sits in the chair next to him, gently takes the hand of Barcode that is connected to a drip system, Jeff worried and blaming himself for Barcode being in this condition.