0.16

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

after i grab his attention again, i see how he stops in his tracks. he doesn't turn back. was the worker right after all? a part of me wanted him to deny it right away because what i'm thinking about sounds very delusional. the other part of me wants him not to because i just realized how it could make sense. could we possibly be soulmates?

"i found out yesterday when we were grabbing our ice cream. why can't you just tell me what you think? i don't know if the chance is that we could possibly be soul—"

"what, soulmates?" he turns around and finally stares into my eyes. "see, that's the thing, mimi. i don't know if we are and i don't know if it's even right." he slowly opens up. "the day i found out you and soobin weren't soulmates, i did my best to comfort you immediately because i know how important this is to you." adds on sunwoo.

my mouth feels dry. maybe because of how parted my lips are from each other and the fresh air kicking in. i can't seem to even move a muscle as i'm finally hearing him speak up about this.

"you're the opposite of what i am, mimi. seeing you with this motivation and excitement in finding your soulmate is what scared me because i'm not like how you are and that's what you deserve. a guy who will be all that you described what you want in your next relationship. even if we have each others initials, it'd be crazy to think i'm yours."

"you're so negative about yourself, sunwoo." i manage to say. why am i going against what he's saying? am i so certain that it could be him after all?

"mimi, since the day i got this initial, i've done nothing, but hate it. when i have the thought that it could be you, it makes me feel guilty. i'm not your dream guy and when i see it nowadays, i think of you and how i won't be what you want if it turns out to be me."

my heart breaks a little hearing him talk so bad about this. about us. i take steps closer to him until we're right in front of each other. i place a hand on his cheek,

"sunwoo, you healed a heart that you didn't even break." i say softly with my glossy eyes. my vision starts to blur and that's when i notice that they're watery. and so are his. "all you did was give me your time. you cared for me and comforted me when i was at my lowest. you've distracted me from my other problems. i never even had to ask for none of it. it was all you." i add on.

he's staring at me and i could see that he wants to say something, but the words aren't coming out.

"i'm scared." he manages to say after a few short seconds. i release my hand from his cheek as my eyebrow furrows, "of what?" i ask him, titling my head.

"i've never been in a situation like this. i've never tried being in a relationship. i didn't put in the effort to believe in love or any of this crap." he stares down with the look of guilt.

"sunwoo, you need to give this a chance." i whisper. "i believe in love. i believe in this crap. so what if we're different, sunwoo? i could do whatever it takes just to make you believe in us."

"how are you so certain it's me?" his eyes travel from the concrete to my wrist as he grabs it to softly rub his thumb over the initial. his initial.

"i just told you. you're exactly what i described in what i want and it just makes sense now that i know you have mine." i slowly lift up his long sleeve to make sure he's comfortable to finally show me.

he allows me to fully expose it and it's the first time i'm seeing it with my own eyes. i've always been looking forward to a moment like this since i found out about this whole soulmate thing. it was just different in my head back then. however, i'm not disappointed by who the person is at all.

at this moment, i want this to be real.

"take your time, sunwoo. i won't force you now to let me know what you think about this since it's a thing to process. just know i won't change my mind." i inform him.

he nods slowly, avoiding eye contact with me. although, he's been a sweetheart towards me, i have to put myself in his shoes as well. he's never had experienced with any of this. he's never had someone to prove him that love is real. meanwhile, i've been hanging out with him, i've never put in the effort to try and see our friendship as something more. i just never knew.

i tiptoe on my shoes and quickly peck his cheek before standing flatly on the concrete again. "goodbye, sunwoo."

it's been an hour since i've been back at my place. i've tried to distract myself from thinking about what happened earlier outside the cafe. was i being too much? was i not being enough?

i'm laying on my couch simply staring at the ceiling as if it's the most interesting thing in the world right now. i sigh very loudly and dramatically as to what has gotten into me. yesterday morning me wouldn't believe that kim sunwoo could be my soulmate after all.

i hear a knock coming from the front door. it's most likely hanni because i told her to come by later since i wanted to inform her about what happened.

i open it and see that it's not hanni, but it's sunwoo. my eyes widen for a second as i didn't expect to see him so soon after what happened.

"i want to, mimi." he breathes out as if those words were choking him. "i want to believe in us like you said earlier. i want to believe in love. i want to believe in this crap. i only want to believe in it because it's with you."

my heart melts. i melt. my eyes begin to water again, but this time being from the sudden joy and relief i feel from hearing his words.

i like him and i hate myself for just finding that out now.