Lightning and Death itself

I sit on the edge of a cliff as the boat to look for the dragons nest returns in ruins. I would go and greet my dad but that would make me seem weak. I can't have that especially since Dragon Training.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
"Stay outta my way, I'm winning this thing." I say to Hiccup. "Please by all means." I run to a different advantage point. I look into the crowd to see my father along with my mom and brothers. It kinda made me nervous, I can't disappoint my dad. "I'm a Laufey, dragon killing is in our blood." I say to myself.

I Run from one advantage point to the next following the Gronkle. "This time, this time for sure." I say and me and Astrid hop over the wood half wall just to see the Gronkle on the ground. "No!" Astrid screams. "No son of a half-troll, rat-eating, munge-bucket!" Astrid yells swinging her axe around.

"Wait wait!" Stoick says calming the crowd down. "So later." Hiccup says but Gobber stops him. "Not so fast. I'm kinda late for- what!" I finish. "Late for what, exactly."
"Okay quite down, the elder has decided." Stoick says.

Gobber hovers his hook over Astrid's head and Gothi shakes her head. I feel bad for her, I can just see the disappointment in her eyes. He then puts his hand over my head and she shakes her head again. My heart dropped. I had to win, how did Hiccup the Horrendous beat Eris Laufey and Astrid Hofferson in dragon killing school. The Viking who is the least Viking out of all of us. I see my dad walk away angrily.

The whole crowd erupts in cheers but I glare at Hiccup. "You've done it, you've done it Hiccup! You get to kill the dragon!" Gobber says excitedly while all of our friends lifts him up on their shoulders except me and Astrid.

•~•~•~•~•~•
"I can't believe you lost to Hiccup. I mean Astrid I would get maybe but Hiccup! That kid has way less training then you and you still lost. Dad I-" I try but he interrupts me. "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed, your a Laufey, dragon killing is in our blood." That was what he said before walking away. Wow, the disappointment card. He has never used that on me. He always said I had to be an example for my siblings so I always tried my best.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
"Leaving, we're leaving." Hiccup says with a bag in the cove. "Let's pack up, looks like you and me are taking a little vacation, forever." He says and looks up to see me sitting on a rock sharpening my sword. "Uh what the!" He says and jumps back. "I um uh, what are you doing here?" He asks and I drop the rock I was using for sharping.

"I wanna know what's going on. No one just gets as good as you do, especially you. Start talking, are you training with someone? Uh, training? It better not involve this." I say holding up the outfit thing he's wearing. "I know, this looks really bad, but see this is uh."

I hear something and he tries to walk in front of me so I push him down. "Your right, your right, your right, I'm through with the lies, I-I've been making outfits! So, you got me it's time everyone knew." Hiccup took my hand and put it in his chest, so I bend it backwards. "Oww why would you do that!" He says kneeling on the floor so I kick him so that he falls. "That's for the lies." I drop the handle of my sword on his stomach. "And that's for everything else."

I hear a dragons roar and look up. "Oh man." Hiccup groans. I look to see a dragon as dark as night right in front of me. "Get down!" I yell pulling Hiccup to the ground. The dragon starts running at us and I was about to attack when a Hiccup throws my sword out of my hands. "It's okay, it's okay." Hiccup says calming the dragon. "She's a friend. You just scared him."
"I scared him!" I yell in fright.

"Who is him?"
"Eris, Toothless. Toothless ,Eris." He growls at me when he's introduced. I start running. Sure I've been scared, but never in my life have I been this terrified. I have to tell the others. It will get Hiccup disqualified and I might get to kill the dragon! But that's not so important right now, I just have to get outta here. I've never ran this fast in my life.

I jump over a log but I never touch the ground. "Oh great Odins ghost! Ah this is, ahhh!" I yell looking down and clinging onto the dragons arm. It drops me on a tree and lands on it to making the tree bend a lot. "Hiccup, get me down from here!" I demand. "You have to give me a chance to explain."

"I am not listening to anything you have to say."
"Then I won't speak, just let me show you. Please Eris." He pleads and I pull myself up on the branch. I slap Hiccups hand away cause I don't need any help from him. The Night Fury growls when I get on.

"Now get me down.."
"Toothless, down. Gently." Toothless spreads his wings. "See nothing to be afraid of." He reassures me then the dragon takes off fast and I scream I've always been terrified of heights and this is boosting the fear.

The dragons going vertical at a high speed and I try and grab onto anything to stay on. "Toothless, what is wrong with you! He's not usually like this." He says and I finally grad ahold of him so I won't fall. Toothless plummets down into the ocean. "Oh no." Is all Hiccup had to say. Toothless dips in and out of the ocean. "Toothless what are you doing we need her to like us!" He says as the dragon flys back into the air spinning. "And now he's spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."

"Okay, I am sorry, I'm sorry. Get just get me off of this thing." I say in fright holding onto Hiccup as tight as I can. The dragon finally spots and steadies itself out.

I finally open my eyes to see that we're in clouds. I bring my hand and brush the clouds and pretty soon I'm doing it with both. It's so beautiful. We emerge from the clouds into the night sky with the northern lights. I know Berk is beautiful but when I see it at night from a dragons eye view it's even more so. The fear of heights just drifts away when I'm in him. I relax my hands around Hiccups waist and lay my head on his shoulder enjoying the view.

"Alright, I admit it. This is pretty cool. It's, amazing. He's amazing." I say petting Toothless. "So what now, Hiccup, your final exam is tomorrow. You know your gonna have to kill a- kill a dragon." I whisper in Hiccups ear so Toothless won't hear.