Hiccup not so Horrendous Haddock

In a maze for dragon training with a Deadly Nadder roaming around in it with us Hiccup was of course doing nothing talking to Gobber. "Ya know I just happened to notice the book had nothing on Night Furys. Is there like another book, or sequel or maybe a Night Fury pamphlet?" A blast from the Deadly Nadder to his axe left him with just a stick. "Focus Hiccup! Your not even trying." Grabber yells at him while the Nadder comes closer to Hiccup and he runs.

"Today is all about, attack! Nadders are quick and light on the feet. Your job is to be quicker and lighter." The dragon shoots its spines at Fishlegs that get on his shield and the wall. He screams and runs the shield on the corner of a wall to get the spines off. "I'm really beginning to question your teaching methods." He says.

"Look for it's blind spot, every dragon has one. Find it hide in it and strike." The twins find themselves right in front of the Nadder. It can't see them and Ruffnut gags at the smell of its breath. "Do you ever bathe? If you don't like it then get your own blind spot." Tuffnut says thinking she was talking to him. "How bout I give you one!" She snaps as they starts butting heads. The dragon shoots its fire being able to hear them clearly now. "Blind spot yes, deaf spot not so much." Gobber says laughing a little.

We hide behind a pillar of a wall and Hiccup almost gives us away by talking to Gobber. "Hiccup, get down!" I whisper as the Deadly Nadder rounds the corner. We roll to the next wall over but Hiccups shield falls and the Nadder notices us. The dragon hops down in front of us and I was about to do something but Snotlout stepped in front of me. "Watch out babe I'll take care of this." He throws his mace and it misses and that makes the dragon, laugh? I glare at him and he tries to defend himself. "The Sun was in my eyes Eris." The Deadly Nadder fires again so we run out of the way. "What do you want me to do, block out the sun? I couldn't do that and I don't have time right now." Snotlout and Astrid took a left but the Nadder keeps on chasing me. I bank right quickly and the dragon slams into the wall making a bunch of them fall over like dominoes. The walls all around me were caving in and the only thing I could do was get onto one of the walls. It started falling and I fall with it and onto Hiccup.

I try and get off but our legs are intertwined. "Ooo, love on the battle field. She could do better." I hear Tuff and Ruff say. "Let me, why don't you-" I finally get free and my sword is still stuck on Hiccups shield. The Deadly Nadder is coming closer so I rip my sword and Hiccups shield out of his hands and hit the Nadder.

"Well done Eris." Gobber says as I'm furious and snap. "Is this some kind of a joke to you? Our parents war is about to become ours, figure out which side your on." I say and storm out of the arena.

•~•~•~•~•~•~
The whole group is sitting around a campfire listening to Gobbers story about it how he lost his arm and leg. "And with one twist, he took my hand and swallowed it whole. And I saw the look on his face, I was delicious. He must've passed the word because it wasn't a month before another one of them took my leg."
"Isn't it weird to think that your hand was inside a dragon?" Fishlegs spoke while Astrid scoots closer to me getting away from Fishlegs. "Like if your mind was still in control of it. You could've killed the dragon from the inside by crushing his heart or something."

"I swear I'm so angry right now, I'll offend your beautiful hand and your beautiful foot. I'll chop off the legs of every dragon I ever fight, with my face." Snotlout says but im only paying attention to Hiccup. His heads hung low and I really want to apologize. But on the other hand I don't, he just irritates me so much.

"It's the wings and the tails you really want, if it  can't fly, it can't get away. A downed dragon, is a dead dragon." At the words that Gobber spoke Hiccups face lit up. "Alright I'm off to bed. You should be to, tomorrow we get to the big boys. Slowly but surely making our way up to the Monstrous Nightmare." I look back to the spot where Hiccup sat but he disappeared. "But who will win the honor in killing it? It's gonna be me." Tuffnut says confidently. I look down the stairs to see Hiccup, I look up for a second then look back down and he's gone.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Back at the arena Gobber paired me with Astrid and Ruffnut. "Today is about teamwork." Gobber says as the Zippleback doors open with an explosion. Gas fills the entire arena and we can't see 4 feet in front of us. "Now a wet dragon head can't light its fire. The Hideous Zippleback is extra tricky. One head breathes gas, the other head lights it. Your job is to know which is which." Gobber says.

"If that dragon shows either of its faces im gonna- there!" Snotlout shouts and I feel cold water splash me. "Hey! It's us idiots." Ruffnut says. "Your butts are getting bigger, we thought you were a dragon." Tuff says laughing. "Not that there's anything wrong, if with a dragon has a figure." Astrid punches Snotlout and Ruffnut throws her water at him and I laugh in response.

Tuffnut falls back and gets dragged away by the dragon leaving nothing but the sound of his helmet hitting the ground. "Wait wait" I say to Astrid and Ruff putting my hand in front of them. The dragon uses its tail to trip us and we fall. Tuffnut comes crawling out from the gas screaming. "Oh,oh, I'm hurt, I am very much hurt." Hiccup and Fishlegs now are right beside us with the only buckets of water left since my water spilt when we fell.

"Chances of survival are dwindling down into single digits now." Fishlegs says as a dragon head comes out of the gas . He throws the bucket of water on it but it breathes gas. "Oh, wrong head." The Zippleback douses Fishlegs in the gas and he runs away. Hiccup try's to throw water onto the dragon but misses long shot. "Ah, come on." He says. The dragons start getting scared and backing up into their cage. "Now don't you make me tell you again. Yes that's right, back into your cage, now think about what you've done." Hiccup says pulling an eel and throwing it into the Zippleback cage.

We all look at him shocked as he closes the door. "Okay, so are we done, cause I've got some things I need to uh, yep. See y'a tomorrow." He says running off.

•~•~•~•~•~
Battling the Gronkle it was about to attack Hiccup but it just stopped at his feet. More and more people started watching the training.

•~•~•~•~•~•~
I was about to hit the Deadly Nadder when it just fell to the floor. In front of Hiccup the Horrendous.

Every dragon Hiccup took down more and more people liked him more even Snotlout and the twins talked to him and asked him for tips.

•~•~•~•~•~
"Meet the Terrible Terror." Gobber says opening the cage only for the Dragon to come out of a small door on the bottom. "Ha! It's like the size of my-" Tuffnut was interrupted by whatever he was gonna say by the Terrible Terror jumping one his face and chewing on his nose. "Oh get it off!" A little light took the Terrors attention away and I look to see where it was coming from and it was Hiccup. "Oh I am hurt, I am very much hurt!" Tuff yelled as Hiccup used the reflection of the Sun onto the shield to guide the Terrible Terror back into its cage. "Wow, he's better than you two ever were." Tuffnut says and I glare at him.

•~•~•~•~•
Practicing my aim with a bow and arrow my mother gave to me, I see Hiccup carrying a, saddle? I try and follow him but once he goes behind a rock and disappears.

•~•~•~•~•~
Tonight I go for a walk and think about the dragon training. I have to win, I can't imagine how angry my father would be if I didn't win. I hear a bunch of noise coming from the armory and head straight for it. "Hiccup?" I yell. "Are you in there?" He bursts through the armory swinging doors and shuts them in a hurry.

"Eris hey, hi, hey Eris, hi Eris." Hiccup stutters. "I normally don't care what people do but your acting weird." He groans and takes a step back leaving me even more confused. "Well weirder." Suddenly he starts floating and gets pulled back through the doors. I hurry to open them bust Hiccup disappeared. Again.