Chapter 17

Felix got me back to my home a lot faster than I expected, but that might have been because we were talking and laughing the entire time that I didn't notice how fast time passed.

We walked in after unlocking the door and were immediately greeted by Brownie. I asked Felix to attach his leash and walk him outside while I filled up his food and water bowls.

Soon after Felix comes back in and let's him off his leash and I let him know I'm gonna go change and I'd be right back. He gives me a smile of acknowledgment before he returns to petting Brownie and scratching him behind his ears.

After changing into my outfit for the day, I head back down the stairs and Felix is standing at the bottom like a boyfriend waiting for his prom date to come down the stairs. He extends his hand to me before wrapping his other arm around my waist. He picks me up off the ground and spins me a couple times before he lets me back down. We're both giggling like children to each other at this point but it slows as soon as my eyes meet his.

His hand raises to hold my cheek and he strokes it with his thumb as he stares into my eyes. His forehead leans onto mine, our noses touching and I feel like I can breathe better. The way my body reacts to any of the boys being this close to me is making me believe in fate.

Why else would it feel like I'm actually breathing and alive when I'm around them. They light up my life so much already and I haven't even truly known them for that long.

A small pinch to my cheek brings me back to earth and I remember I'm standing in front of Felix in my apartment.

"Where did you go there?" He asks me with a cheeky smile on his face as he tilts his head to the side a little.

"Just thinking about something." I smile and wave off my little moment out in outer space and grab his hand, "Let's go!"

He chuckles as I tug him out of the apartment, locking it behind me and he unlocks the car, opening up the passenger side for me then buckling me in before he jogs over to the drivers side.

"Where to first?" He asks me while he turns the engine on. He puts the car in reverse and placed his right hand behind my head rest to prepare to back out of the driveway.

"Hobby Lobby so I can get some cute little gift bags, then we go to Target!" I give him a big smile that he chuckles at.

"Alright, Hobby Lobby then Target it is!"

————————

After getting the gift bags from Hobby Lobby, He drove across the street to the Target, parking as soon as he found the closest spot he could. He tells me to wait for him to open my door to get out, then interlocks our hands together and we begin our small walk into the Target.

As soon as we make it into the Target, I had to grab a cart and make my way to the Starbucks for some coffee. Getting my drink quickly, we began making our way into the candy section to start picking out some candies for my workers. I also grab the Starbucks Frappuccino drinks for some of them and grab sodas for the others that don't like coffee.

Felix looks at all the things I've piled up into the cart and just chuckles at me, "Anything else you need to get?" He jokes with me.

However, there is one more thing I wanted to get them, "Actually yes!" I move the cart over into the toy section, immediately heading to where I knew the Squishmallows were at. I start picking up a few of the small keychain ones, placing them in the cart once I deemed they were in good shape and cute.

Felix picks up a little chicken one that he spots in the back, "I'm getting this for you." He places it in the top of the cart.

"A chicken? Why?" I give him a little smile as I pick it up and observe it.