Chapter 6

After that date, I had begun to text Chan a lot, separately from the group chat. He was so kind, it melted my cold heart. He was becoming somebody important to me, and I wasn't sure how to feel about it. We had been talking about my next tattoo though so I'm excited.

It's been about three days since my date with him, and today, I go on a date with Minho. I had been telling Chan how nervous I was because Minho seemed very standoffish. I wasn't sure if he was gonna like me as much as Chan did. Chan kept reassuring me that he likes me and that he isn't as antisocial as he seems, it's just how he is.

So here I am again, waiting on the couch in my living room, bouncing my leg as the nerves build up.

*Ding*

And there he is. I stand up from the couch, looking in the mirror as I walk to the front door, before grabbing my purse and my keys.

I open the door, "Hey Minho," I smile at him. "You look good."

He sends a very small smile back to me, "You look better though.." I blushed at the compliment.

"Sooo, what are we doing?" I asked him, looking up into his eyes.

"We're gonna go to the animal shelter really quick. I take my cats to their vet and have to pick up some food for them." He explains to me.

"Okay! That sounds fun." I tilt my head and smile at him.

He chuckles at me, grabbing my hand and leading me to the car, "Let's get going then."

———————

We arrived at the pet store, and I noticed a sign on the door, 'Adopt a dog or cat today!' My eyes lit up, I had been wanting to get an animal for a while, since my apartment could be lonely whenever I'm home.

Minho seemed to notice my excitement, "You want a pet?" I looked over at him, a slight nod yes caused him to chuckle, "We can look since we're here." I smiled at him as we head in.

He grabbed a cart since he had stuff to get, and we headed towards the puppies first. They had so many cute dogs, but one of them caught my eye. It was a sweet border collie puppy with white and brown coloring. He had mostly white fur but he had brown ears and his butt end was the same shade brown.

He looked at me with the sweetest eyes, and I swear I lost all strength in my knees

He looked at me with the sweetest eyes, and I swear I lost all strength in my knees. He slowly walked over to me and I reached my hand out with my palm up for him to sniff it. He sniffed it a couple times, before he padded over to me and licked my cheek. My heart is melting, hold on.

The person working the puppy area came over to me, "He seems to like you, he's been really shy with everybody else." I smiled at that, 'So it was love at first sight for you too, huh, buddy?' I thought to myself.

"How much is it to adopt him?" I asked, scratching behind his ears.

"So it'll be $30 to adopt him, and get the paper work, all animals are up to date with their shots and fixed so no worries there. Of course you'll have to buy the necessities like a collar, leash, food, food bowls, all that stuff. We can help you find that stuff if you like?" The guy asked me. Minho looked over at that, quickly walking over to me.