Chapter 5

So it's been a week exactly since I had that conversation with the boys next door. I trained Natalie, who was the first employee I was sure about hiring, to be the shift leader when I'm not there. I knew she could handle the position easily, and if she couldn't, all she had to do was let me know.

I had texted the boys about my employee now being fully trained and that whenever they wanted to get this show on the road, they could decide who would take me on a date first and let me know what day, so I could schedule Natalie ahead of time. They texted me back that they decided to do the dates in order from oldest to youngest, meaning my first date is gonna be with Chan. To say I'm nervous was an understatement, but I knew Chan was probably the best person to go on a date with first. I mean, he's already given me a tattoo, so I could trust him, right?

Channie 😩 has sent you a text!

Channie 😩

Dress casual tonight! I promise

we aren't doing anything fancy :)

be there soon!

Y/N

Okayyy!

Thinking of the devil... How did he know I was trying to figure out what to wear. Well with his advice and a look at the breezy weather, I went with a graphic tee over a tight, black, long-sleeved shirt, a pair of ripped mom jeans, and some Doc's. This is casual right? I just hope my feet don't hurt by the end of the date, otherwise it'll be really embarassing... I get on my phone while I wait for Chan to get to my apartment.

*Ding*

And there he is. Seriously, if I ever want him to show up I just have to think of him. I walk towards my front door from the living room, mentally preparing myself to see his face. 'His incredibly handsome face' I think to myself, opening the door.

"Hi beautiful." Chan smiles at me from the other side of my door.

I couldn't help but smile back at him, "Hey there, handsome."

I grab my keys and my purse from the hook next to my door, walking out of my front door and closing and locking it behind me.

"So what are we doing?" I look at him, doe eyes on overload so he doesn't say 'it's a surprise.'

"We're gonna go pick up some food and watch the sunset." He chuckles at me.

I perk up at the sound of a really chill date, "Sounds like fun!"

"Let's get going then." He leads me to his car, opening the passenger seat for me and walking around to the other side after closing it behind me.

----------------

We picked up some food from a diner that was across town, before heading just past the city limits up a little hill that looked over the city we lived and worked in. We arrived to the spot just as the sky began to take a beautiful orange hue, and probably about 15 minutes before it would turn red. He pulled into the spot so we could sit in the car while we eat and talk.

I took a sip of my shake, "So how did you find this place?"

He looked over at me, a ghost of a smile on his face, "I had a lot of stuff running around in my head one day and decided to take a drive around, soon enough, I found this place just as the sun started to set. I fell in love with it. So whenever I need time to myself, or I need a little bit of time in nature, I drive up here and just take a deep breath. It made me realize how all current problems are temporary."

"That was deep," we both laugh, "But I'm glad you decided to share this place with me. It's really beautiful." I said looking out as the sky started to turn a little pink with the red. I took a bite of my chicken nugget, before looking back at him. He was already smiling at me.