To Mr Unknown: Babe?

Mr Unknown (11:04am): What? Not a babe kind of girl?

To Mr Unknown: How do you know I'm a girl? Have you not watched my fake fiancée?

Marinette wasn't entirely sure what it was about Mr Unknown, but there was something oddly comforting about messaging him. It relaxed her in a way she hadn't in years, the conversation free flowing and without expectations. It was oddly satisfying. Unsure whether it was the fact she was hiding behind the phone, or that she had no idea who this guy was, something just felt... good.

As her phone vibrated against the table in front of her, an excitement shot over Marinette in search of the latest reply.

Mr Unknown (11:07am): So you're a dude and you're my fiancé? Cool!

She began to snicker as she messaged back, a sound she was sure Muttley would be proud of.

To Mr Unknown: I'll sort the cake 😉 By the way, I'd gladly swap the babe for a sweetheart. It's cuter, don't you think?

Nathalie walked into the room, ceasing Marinette's text-a-thon and causing her to place her phone down, turning her full attention to the front and her pending fate.

"As you all know, we are only taking 6 applicants through to the design stage. So, I am truly sorry to those who haven't made it. Your character just doesn't fit in with our brand."

Marinette winced, a personal knock down...great – which 100% meant she was going home. She was not someone Adrien ever wanted to spend time with – their lack of communication over the years of 'knowing' each other was a determining factor to her possibility of getting this job.

Dropping her phone into her bag, she began to gather her things together ready to leave. She still had a couple of days before her train to return home was scheduled so if she spoke to Kagami and Félix, maybe they could give her a few pointers of where to go. She heard Madame Tussauds was an interesting day out, or maybe she could visit The London Eye.

"... and Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

As her name was called out, Marinette caused a ruckus in the room. Her knee collided hard with the underside of the table and sent the glass of water belonging to the person next to her on a journey to escape. She'd made it through to the next round. Whether it was through her skills or Adrien's want to see her make a complete arse out of herself; she didn't care. She was going to present her design to Gabriel Agreste – a dream come true.

Diving forward, Marinette attempted to stop the water from soaking everything in its path; however, using her hands to flick the water back to the middle of the table and mutter curse words under her breath probably wasn't the best way to go about the situation. As Miss Botox came back in with paper towels, Marinette apologised before slumping back in her seat.

Reaching forward, she took her phone from the table and pulled up Kagami's number.

To Kagami: We will be talking when I get back later.

Marinette apologised once more and watched as many other designers left the room; herself and only 5 others remaining. She couldn't help but let out an excited wiggle in her seat. They all thought she was mental anyway so why not give them a little more to cling on to.

"Now, it's down to just you 6. I hope your designs are ready to be broadcast to the panel. You will be marked on creativity, fit and style. We will now lead you to the changing area for you to meet your model and dress then ready for the next round. Please gather your belongings and follow me."