CHAPTER 249 - Not merely a goal

Eric... Donald Trump softly called out Eric's name and made a kissing sound toward his daughter in his arms.

Ivanka, looking very disheartened after her just-failed performance, was not responding to Donald Trump's well-spoken attempts at consoling, motivating, and even scolding her. Nothing seemed to work, so he had to turn to Eric for help.

Although it was the little girl who started it, if Eric hadn't agreed, there wouldn't be any trouble now. Eric could not escape the responsibility and had to drag a chair to Ivanka's side.

The little Lolita gave Eric a sidelong glance and snuggled up close to her father.

"Ivanka, this must be your first performance, right?" Eric thought for a moment and asked gently.

Ivanka took a while before she nodded gently.

"I remember when I was in school, it was a music class, and the teacher asked a classmate in our class to sing a song on the podium. As a result, the guy was so nervous that he sang a few lines clumsily before he fainted on the podium. That was his first performance, so I'd say you did very well; you even managed to finish most of the song."

Eric made a comparison beforehand and provided a pretense to help the little girl clear her psychological shadows. Sure enough, after hearing what Eric said, Ivanka seemed to relax a lot. But still, she said softly, "But when I was in school, I sang for everyone, and nothing like what you said happened."

"So, you must be up on stage a lot, right?"

"Hmm," Ivanka nodded.

"Look, here is the crux of the matter. Acting and singing are the same. You'll be nervous the first time, but just try a few times, and you'll get used to it."

"Um..." Ivanka finally lifted her head, batting her beautiful eyes, and asked, "Mr. Williams, why was I so nervous even though I told myself this was going to be an easy thing?"

"This...?" Eric hesitated, as this involved the issue of liberating his true nature. In principle, performing should be easy for an eight-year-old, as the so-called liberation of his true nature was to let the adult actor return to a carefree and unconcerned state of mind, like a child.

However, nothing is absolute, just like the little Lolita in front of him; she had already lost that state. But for Stewart, that little guy had not yet kept his natural freedom, so he could easily perform according to Eric's request, but Ivanka would be nervous.

"Ivanka, this question is too complex for me to explain to you right now, because even if I did explain it, you still wouldn't understand."

Ivanka nodded obediently and didn't ask any more questions. Her expression was no longer dejected like before.

"Mr. Donald, it's time for you to take your seat," a staffer said.

Donald Trump nodded and hugged his daughter. "Ivy, Dad will be back soon. Can you stay here obediently?"

"Yes," Ivanka replied, managing to give her father a faint smile.

"Action!" the director called. This time, Ivanka quietly sat to one side without saying a word, still curiously watching Eric through the walkie-talkie as he directed the crew's operation. Her eyes sparkled brightly.

After Eric split the corridor shot into two parts, the filming went much smoother. After a few takes and twenty minutes, the shot was finally finished.

Donald Trump was also getting ready to leave with his daughter, but Eric was too busy to even greet them, even though he didn't know they had brought his daughter with them. Now that they were leaving, Eric could not treat them lightly any longer. After all, Donald Trump, a real estate mogul, had come here to make a cameo without charging any money. Even if he had other thoughts in his heart, it was still a great honor.