CHAPTER 265 - Cisco

I strongly recommend: Eric nodded, Chris took a deep breath and said, "However, Eric, if, I mean, if you can make sure that Firefly can develop as quickly as it is now, it would be better not to go public. Many companies have gone all out for privatization after being listed for many years. Although listing can obtain a large amount of financing, it also means more responsibility and risk. 

Taking Hollywood as an example, several major film companies have almost all experienced hostile takeovers, the last one being in 1984, when Disney was maliciously targeted by Saul Steinberg, and finally Disney spent $325 million to redeem the 11.1% of the shares in Steinberg's hands. At that time, Disney's market value was less than $2 billion. The three hundred million dollar cash made Disney's injury painful, and had to give up family-style management and hire Michael Eisner as the helm of the company."

At this point, Chris laughed and said, "Of course, it has now been proven that Disney made a very correct decision at that time, and it was a blessing in disguise. However, not every company has such good luck, and the more attention Firefly attracts with its rapid development, the more it will be coveted

Chris said, "Of course, most companies go public to get more development funds. In my opinion, Firefly doesn't need money. Why go public?"

The two were talking when Jeffery came out of the kitchen and invited them to dinner.

At the restaurant, Eric also met Chris's girlfriend, Amy Bolton. She was tall and slender, with golden hair and blue eyes, dressed in a fashionable style. From the girl's surname and the name of the clothing company, plus the girl's age, it was impossible to start from scratch. It was obvious that the girl was the boss's daughter of this clothing company.

Emily Blanton was more talkative than Chris, and when she saw Eric she even shrieked with delight, expressing her love for his movies. At the dinner table, she not only talked about how she and Chris had met in detail, but also kept pushing Aniston to become the spokesperson for their family's fashion company.

Aniston, facing Emily Blanton's enthusiasm, didn't know how to refuse, and could only look to Eric for help. Although Little Niu was only a TV actor now, she had already become famous with one movie. But Emily Blanton's family fashion company was not famous at all, and if Aniston went to be the spokesperson, it would be a little demeaning.

Before Eric could open his mouth, Chris noticed Aniston's awkwardness and took the initiative to say, "Emily, can you be quiet and eat? Your company is too small. Now having a second-line star as a spokesperson is enough for me."

Emily was unwilling to hear this and complained, "It's all your fault. If you hadn't messed up the listing of our company, the three factories in Florida and the order worth $9 million in Asia would have been built now..."

"How can you blame me? Your dad was too greedy and got caught for falsifying company information," Chris replied.

"It was you who caught him out!" Emily complained with an injured look. "All companies do this when they list, why can't we?"

Chris put down his knife and fork and raised his voice in rebuttal, "Don't you know how much your dad falsified? Fortunately, I caught it out, otherwise your company would have been fined into bankruptcy."

Hearing the anger in Chris' voice, Emily shrank her neck in embarrassment and muttered, "But Dad changed it later, why are you still..."

Eric and Aniston, who were sitting on either side of him, looked at each other confusedly.

Seemed like things were getting heated?

But they didn't want it to end in a break-up; it would be a big mistake for the three of them.