4. Something's up with Amai

After making sure her lovely senpai got home safe (along with taking a few pictures), Ayano made her way home. When she got home, Ayato was already there with Horado. The two were simply doing some sort of homework, not noticing Ayano being there. She took this as a chance to go up to her room and get dressed to go to the town. She decided on wearing a red graphic t-shirt with black leggings and black boots.

"Not bad." She said to herself, looking at her reflection in the mirror. She then grabbed her wallet, phone, and, finally, worshiped her senpai shrine of Taro. And with that routine out of the way, she went back downstairs. She began to exit the house, until Ayato grabbed her attention. "Woah, where are you going looking like that dude?" He asked. Ayano shrugged. "To my job."

She lied. Ayato didn't believe her, but didn't press her. Horado smiled at the girl. "D-don't have too much fun without us..." She joked. Ayano smiled at her depressed friend. "No promises." She giggled. As the door closed, Ayato looked at Horado. "So, Kokoro huh?" He asked. Horado blushed. "Shut up." She muttered shyly, to which Ayato laughed at her. "What about Budo huh?" She responded. Ayato blushed and looked away. "Good point."

Ayano already got the location from Amai, and within 10 minutes, she was in front of her destination. "Odayaka's Bakery." Ayano muttered, as she opened the door. Amai's eyes lit up with joy and happiness. "Ayano! I knew you'd come!" She then ran up and hugged the girl. "Who am I to deny free food?" Ayano jokes, watching Amai laugh. Sophomore year taught her to open up more and be joyful (even if she had to fake it for others.) But in this instance, she actually felt happy.

"Well I'm glad you're here. I just need to make 10 more orders and I can close up shop." Amai cheered. Ayano was confused as to why she had to do the work, but she didn't press her. "Alright. If you need help, you know who to go to." Ayano offered. Amai smiled. "Thanks, but I have this under control."

And sure enough, she did. In less than 12 minutes, everyone's orders were made, and everyone was leaving. "Thank you, come back soon!" Amai waved to the customers goodbye as she locked the front door and turned off most of the lights. "Still hungry?" Amai asked. Ayano nodded, to which Amai grabbed her hand and dragged her into the back room. The two talked about stuff and then Amai remembered something. "Oh fiddlesticks! I almost forgot!" She started as she reached into her bookbag for something. She then pulled out a big pastry that read "Ayano Aishi, My First BFF :D".

Ayano stared at it for a bit before tearing up. Amai started to worry. "Oh! I'm sorry Ayano! It's bad isn't it!?" Ayano shook her head and dried her tears. "No. Don't worry. It's just that...no one has ever made me anything like this." Amai was confused. "Not even those people you hang out with?" She asked. "Not really, we're all a bunch of loners hanging around each other." Amai hummed, as if to say, "oh." Ayano nodded. "To be honest, I haven't felt like this since-" She paused. Amai does not need to know about Taro. Because she'll fall in love with him. Unless...

"Uh, Ayano?" Amai asked. Ayano shook her head. "Anyway, thank you Amai. Thanks for being my best friend." Amai started to tear up. She then got up from her seat and hugged her friend. "And thank you for being mine!" She exclaimed with joy. Ayano hugged her back, but was still thinking about the thing she thought prior to the hug.

The two ate the pastry together and decided to walk home for the night. It was late anyway. The two were alone, with only the street lights illuminating their path. Ayano took this quiet moment to ask Amai a question. "So....any guys you think are cute yet?" She asked. Amai froze up a bit. She then quickly came up with a lie. "O-oh! Yes. That uhhhh...Taro boy is cute?" She said (well asked). Ayano stared at her. She stared with evil intent, but to Amai, it was a look of "Really?"

Amai then sighed. "You know I'm lying, don't you?" Ayano's gaze went from pissed to confused. "Huh?" She asked. Amai blushed hard. "You're making this harder than necessary, Yan-Chan!" She sweeked. Ayano was even more confused. "Uh...well...the truth is...I'm gay. Well, lesbian to be technical." She explained in a quiet tone. Ayano sighed in relief. "No need to worry about her." She thought. "It's alright Amai. I support you." Ayano said, reliving the poor girl. Amai smiled at her, like her worries faded away.

"Well! Looks like this is my stop! See you tomorrow?" Amai asked. Ayano gave a thumbs up and stuck her tongue out. Amai giggled and shut her door. When Amai's door was shut, Ayano simply went home to sleep.

Amai laid in bed, blushing hard. "I think I'm in love." She whispered to herself as she smiled. "Tomorrow awaits!"

A/N: Longest chapter so far :p