3. The myth of the cherry blossom tree

Ayano and Amai arrived at class late, because Amai had to use the restroom. She still had to get used to the big corridor. Ayano didn't hold it against her. "Well would you look at that." Kyoshi Tachikawa, the gym teacher, spoke. "Ayano being late for the first time in years." Students laughed at the two, well, mostly Ayano. Amai hid behind her in shame. "Please have a seat in the circle." Ms. Tachikawa sighed. Amai held Ayano's hand and walked with her to the student circle where everyone else was sitting.

After attendance, the gym teacher instructed them to run laps around the school. Ayano didn't want to, so she brought Amai over to the cherry blossom tree. "This tree is very pretty." She noted. Ayano nodded in agreement. "Do you know the legend of this tree?" She asked. Amai shook her head. "The legend is that anyone who asks their crush out at 6:00 pm on a Friday will get that person to be theirs." She explained. Amai widens her eyes a bit. "That works?" She asks, astonished. Ayano shrugged. "Most of the people who did it believed in it, and it worked."

Amai looked at the school for a bit, before turning back to Ayano. "I know we barely know each other, but I just wanna say thank you. Thank you for being my first friend ever." Ayano looked confused. "Ever? Didn't you have friends in your old school?" Amai breathed in and then out before looking at Ayano with a serious look. "To tell you the truth, I was actually homeschooled. I just lied so that kids wouldn't make fun of me."

Ayano hummed understandingly. She wanted to ask why, but she knew that Amai would tell her when she was ready. Amai went back to her cheery persona. "Thank you for understanding. You probably think I'm lame huh?" Amai asked. Ayano shook her head. "Not at all. You probably have personal reasons for why you had to be homeschooled. And the fact that you can tell me makes you a cool person." She explained. She then saw Amai blush a bit, and say thanks. "Did she just blush? No, it must be my imagination." Ayano concluded in her mind.

Soon the bell rang and the two went to their next class together.

-----------------

It was the end of the day, and that meant Ayano and Amai had to say goodbye to each other. "Do you want to come to my parent's bakery for some free pastries? My treat!" Amai offered. Ayano was considering it, but then she saw Taro walking home. "Taro! How could I forget about my senpai!?" She thought. She then turned back to Amai and smiled. "I have to go home and get something first. Uh, can I meet you there?" She asked. Amai nodded and wrote something on a piece of paper. "Here's my number, text me so I can give you the address." Ayano nodded and started to part ways with her new friend, following her destined lover.

Meanwhile, Info-Chan watched from a distance, smiling. "Oh poor naive Yan-Chan." She muttered. "You're focusing on the wrong person." As she started to pack up, there was a notification on her phone. She checked it and smirked. "I'll help you get the person of your dreams, for a small favor of course."

A/N: Sorry that this part is so short. Next part will be longer pinky swear :0