ii. PARTY CITY

CHAPTER II:

( party city )

( party city )

     OCTOBER FIRST HAD LIT NEW YORK UP IN FACE PAINT FLAMES

     OCTOBER FIRST HAD LIT NEW YORK UP IN FACE PAINT FLAMES. The clock struck twelve and the costumes came out. Vampires, werewolves, witches, doctors, and zombies; all dressed up and stalking the streets of the city. Music boomed from every which way, parties and gatherings had begun and that is exactly what a group of four were on their way into on the first night of the scariest month of the year.

      "Mindy, come on!" Sakadi groaned as she and her friends went up the steps of a fraternity house. "Don't blame Cal for making us late."

      The brown-skinned girl craned her neck around her girlfriend to give Kade a look with furrowed brows and squinted eyes. "Kade, I don't blame him."

      The girl dressed as Jennifer Check grinned as they became engulfed by the heartbeat of a heavily bassed song. "Great."

      "I blame you."

      Her smile fell. "Well, don't blame me either!"

      "Then who is she supposed to blame?" Callum asked from behind her, his neck poking out so he was included.

      "That weird ass racer guy on the elevator?" Kade guessed with a shrug. The three friends stared at her incredulously in their own way. They continued to walk further and further into the frat house as their conversation followed and soon enough their chests were vibrating with the same bass ass every other person present. A beat of silence passed, though it was easily filled with the sounds of some rap song with incoherent words.

      "What guy?"

Callum and his roommate shared a look before the group of four snaked through the growing crowd of moving bodies. "He was this dude trying to get in my pants!" she now had to shout. "There's no way it would have worked!"

"Was he cute enough to think he could act like that?" Mindy's girlfriend, Anika, spoke up now. Callum laughed at her question adjusting the lab coat he wore. Mindy gave her the dirtiest side eye known to man. Kade grimaced.