Chapter 29: Rome honeymoon

Erik stayed in Y/n's hug after they finished their breakfast and Y/n could dress up. He suddenly felt like he couldn't survive for a while without being held. ,,You had to love this when you were a little boy, am I right?" she asked him in a whisper. ,,Maybe?" he didn't know how to answer. ,,I didn't know this feeling when I was a child. I was hugged for the first time by her... Christine. The woman that gave me my first kiss as well" he admitted. Y/n thought for a while. ,,Sorry...How could I not think about it. Of course you couldn't know as a boy. Christine was two years older than me when she was near you, right?" ,,That's right" Erik nodded. ,,Well, I'm two years younger and I catched all these things she didn't do because of marrying her true love. Good for her, of course. But I got to save your life, fall in love with you, give a thousands more kisses, marry you and take your innocence as well. Only in such a short time, my angel" she teased a bit. ,,Oh, goodness" Erik had to giggle. ,,Yes, you did. And I am endlessly grateful. I wouldn't ever believe that I could ever fall in love again. You were my greatest miracle that happened to me" these words warmed Y/n's heart. What a modest and honestly grateful husband she got. She kept holding him as he didn't want to let go. ,,Don't you want to sit, Erik? It must be painful to kneel on the floor just to snuggle up to me when I myself sit on the chair" ,,No" he shook his head stubbornly. ,,I feel the best. With you, my wife"
   In a few moments they felt the ship moving like it would be ready to stop. ,,We must be in here already, my love" Y/n suggested. ,,I can't wait" Erik was so excited. He traveled only as a child with the travelling fair but he never left his cage while that. So, a real traveling was gonna come just now during his own honeymoon. ,,What a lucky man I became" he whispered for himself. Y/n looked out and gasped. ,,Warmth! Sand! And palms!" she said in a pure joy. Erik put on his mask and walked near her to see where the ship had to stop. Yes...it was what he remembered. Rome. A beautiful sunny Rome. Without the bars of a cage. He was in euphoria as much as his wife who he spun around in a while. ,,I love you!" he said and gave her a loving kiss. ,,I want to enjoy our honeymoon as much as we both can" ,,We will enjoy that. If we'll find a hotel to stay in" Y/n giggled. ,,Of course, we will. Don't worry" Erik tried to comfort her. ,,It's easier than you may think. Imagine what we'll be able to see now. It's just fantastic!" Erik was as excited as a child.