A evening event with Lord Skylark

Styx was standing in line with Ethan in a small crowd of Elites, high Lords and Ladies of the city. They were all dressed in formal evening suits and gowns for a night at the theater. Ethan himself was dressed in a tuxedo. Styx was dressed the same suit from that afternoon. He had on his goggles in-spite of the fact it was evening hours with the one addition of Lord Skylark's top hat on his head.

The two gentlemen attracted attention that made Styx's disposition quietly unruly while Lord Skylark was quietly watchful of the crowd around them. Lord Skylark took in his surroundings with a watchful eye of the humans and fairy folk kind around them. His magical guard was up as was his magical eye active for information and danger.

A short reference:  Common magic: Magical guard is a mental and psychological ward against mental invasion. The magical eye is a philosophical eye of the mind that can see into the intentions of men and fairy folk kind a like by observing behavioral and physical patterns. Two ordinary types of magic but uncommon for them to be present in one person.

My father wasn't naturally born with both either ability. But, through his experience as a thief of secrets and of course instruction from his adopted mother. He began a master in the common magic craft.

Young Styx had only had a rudimentary study from Momma Jinn before their relationship was cut short. He only vaguely had a sense for the dangerous walking beasts behind human masks though he directed his attention to far into being watchful of Elf and fairy folk kind. Lord Skylark saw a man approaching Styx the line was finally moving forward into the theater for the show.

Styx remained where he stood as the human advanced closer as the crowd moved forward. Lord Skylark studied the signs and intent in the human and then he saw the human's mask slip. He saw the instant Styx felt the danger and turned to the man reaching for his weapon.

Ethan pulled on Styx's right ear lob. Styx turned to glare at Ethan. "What the fucks your deal?"

Lord Skylark waved a hand in the human beasts direction while he took Styx's arm and guided Styx forward.

"The line is moving forward, little brother. It's time to stop enjoying the sights around us."

Young Styx yanked his arm from Ethan's arm and turned back to man to find him gone. He frowned looking around but he couldn't find the human beast. He turned back to Ethan but Ethan was already moving forward.

Styx caught up to Lord Skylark. He leaned forward closer to Ethan's right ear."What are your games? You saw that-"

"-I see far more then you do younger brother. I also have far more hands to handle things quickly. But remember little brother. We came here to see a show and discover a few things. Don't you remember?"

Styx's face flushed but he nodded stiffly. "I thought you worked alone." He said.

Ethan smiled but shook his head. "No. No. My dear brother. I am a Lord of the region king's realm and a man of affairs. As I am training you to be as you will one day become. Do you have a disagreement to it?"

Young Styx laughed. "Me?! A lord of the realm?! I would bet good money on that to see that fantasy."

Ethan nodded. "It's a bet a then. Good. I have your word on it. This family arrangement  is good to be entertaining for my good health."

Styx laughed and followed his brother into the theater.