My Ideal Love Live

A/N: I know I said the next part would be a ranking of Muse's songs but life has gotten busy for me as of late so I'm still working on it. I will get it out though, I just don't want to half ass it as that wouldn't be fair to you all or to myself. 

Now while Love Live is pretty great in my opinion, If I was given the chance to make my own entry into the franchise this is what I would want to do:

Plot: The "saving the school from shutting down" was a good idea in "School Idol Project" and "Sunshine, but it got old in Liella so I feel this is something we can all agree on. My plot would be something unique and different, like for example a girl starts an idol club to prove her parents wrong about school idols or does what Chika did by trying to emulate an idol group but without saving the school stuff. She would fail the Love Live and face many hardships but in the end be humbled by her experiences and learn that she doesn't have to be exactly like her favorite group. Or maybe the plot could focus on college idols if that's even a thing and be just about having fun, no serious plot or anything like that. The sky's the limit but these are just a few ideas I have running in my head.

Characters: I'd keep the group limit at 9-12 as I feel anymore would blunt any effective character development. I'd also like to add more foreign idols from countries you don't see getting depicted as often in anime like India, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, etc as getting perspectives from the different cultures would add some more interesting dynamics to the show.

Music: I would add more traditional sounding songs like Datte Datte aa Mujo and My Mai Tonight because they were really beautiful songs and are something you don't see often in Japanese pop or in general. Then with the foreign idols we could have songs inspired by their home country or outright solos in their native tongue, like Imagine a Love Live song in the style of Indian music! Another genre I'd like to see covered is rock and rap, not by the main group per say but maybe the rivals. I loved Saint Snow's more rock heavy approach and Leah's rapping and think it would be cool if we had a group that delved more into those mediums.

Conflict: I would make the rivals play more of a role in the conflict, like yes they may be friendly to the main group but they are still rivals so they won't go easy on them. Or like I mentioned with the plot of the girl doing what Chika did by trying to emulate her favorite group, with the twist that they fail in almost every turn. Like they have so many failures and hardships it seems the group is doomed but in the end the girl realizes that her group doesn't have to be like her favorite and all the failures helped them to grow and bond more. Or if I feel really adventurous maybe there is a huge internal conflict that leads to a major split and the once unified group are now rivals on top of the main rival group making for high stakes.

I had fun writing this section and getting my ideas for what I would want in a Love Live show out on paper, or well screen. Who knows, maybe some of these are things we will see in future Love Live mediums, only time can tell. The next update may take some time so please bear with me, until next time Ciao bellas!