❦︎ He'll Call You ❦︎

Start from the beginning

"I thought I killed you." She sneered at him. I stood by Stefano, sinking my nails into his arm. He wrapped that arm around my waist in comfort.

"Untouchable as you can see."

"You're not fooling anyone with the fifty thousand dollars worth of plastic surgery and fake Armani suit." I scoffed with irritation. The tag was still hanging outside his pants.

"Do you dare speak, little wife?" Luigi taunted. I suddenly felt so small, I sort of retreated back in Stefanos arms. The confidence I had shrank along with him.

"Say it again." Stefano growled deeply. His hand itching by his gun.

"Little-" Luigi began to speak but Stefano cut him off with a gun to his head and the click of the weapon. Lorelai pulled one out and shot at his foot, warning no one.

He immediately cowered forward and we all jumped back. Giana, worried out of her mind, comforted him. He looked up and glared at Lorelai.

"My finger must have slipped." She taunted and slipped her gun back in her holster.

I looked up and no one was paying attention to us. No one wanted to be apart of the argument. I noticed a batch of cleaners ready to move into the spot. That's when it dawned upon me how no one cares about anyone.

You either kill or be killed. No one cared for anyone. Besides us. We are a family, we are together no matter what.

"Fucking bitch." Luigi cursed at Lorelai but she didn't seem fazed.

"You don't call his wife a bitch or any of these ladies, do you understand?" Doms teeth bared. He protected us no matter what. He was always going to protect us.

Giana, with a frightful look on her face, helped Luigi up and they both left running with their tail between their legs.

"Remember I called dibs on Luigi." Dom quipped. Lorelai frowned immediately and I smiled.

"Dibs?"

"Dibs." Dom nods his head and she shakes hers. Stefano gaped.

"You don't know what dibs are?" Stefano gasped. Ares and I both looked at each other and laughed at their shocked expressions.

I knew she didn't know. Ares knew she didn't know. I would've been shocked if she did know.

"He wants to be the first person to kill Luigi." I said calmly.

"Just say that."

Lorelai and I moved towards the drink station, my eyes fleeting over to her stomach every once in a while. Is she pregnant?

I'm proved correct when she snatches a flute from the table and brings it to her lips. Slowly, like antagonizing me into giving up what I know. I don't care if I'm right or wrong but my gut is never wrong. I snatched the drink away from her and gulped it down. I hated wine, or whatever this drink was. It burned.

"I'm really thirsty, this is so good." I said in a panicked voice before looking around the room.

"I wasn't going to drink it." She whispered to me. "Alcohol is harmful to kids."

That's all she said and I held my excitement down. I couldn't believe it. My best friend ever was pregnant. She was going to have a baby! I was practically bouncing with excitement.

We talk about other things when a dark presence looms before us. It's wearing a normal black tuxedo and has all its hair gel back. He looks between us and then around the whole room. His arms brought up and he smiles. It gives me a chill, an eery chill. I knew I wasn't safe.