Chapter 35 : Meeting the Ruthless General

I'm here......

I arrived at the Barbarous mansion just like I planned. The Duke give me a permission yesterday although he was kind of hesitate.

~Last night~

"You want to go to the Barbarous mansion, tomorrow?", The Duke asked in disbelief.

I nodded without any hesitation. I need his permission no matter what because I need to save that family including the other family.

"And you need my permission. Am I right?", He asked again.

"Yes, father. Please give me your permission", My face beaming with light.

"Hmm... Your reason was quiet acceptable since you want to meet them. It's been a long time you didn't visit them. Last time you went there, 2 years ago. Perhaps duchess Owldia would be happy to see you again but didn't you hate him?", He asked since he know I hate Damien so much.

"Nah.... Not anymore. The past is just the past", I lie and smiled.

I wouldn't forgot what just he done to my brother!

"Then, I will send a letter to them today. I hope you didn't make any trouble", The Duke sighed.

"I will but I can't promise", I answered.

The Duke only can sighed again with my answer.

~Present~

"Lady Kellen!", Duchess Owldia greeted me with a smile in her face.

"Good morning, duchess Owldia", I bowed at her.

"Oh, my. Forgive for my rudeness. Good morning too, lady Kellen", She smiled.

As I expected from her, she still the same....

"Duchess Owldia, I told you before to address me with my name", I sighed.

"That would be rude but if that's what you wanted, then I will do it", She smiled.

Duchess Owldia was a kind woman from the start. She a loving mother for her only child.

"Come inside, lady Kellen. There's a lot I want to talk with you", She was beaming with light.

"I also have a lot of thing to say too", I smiled.

We walked inside the mansion and I followed her from behind with my maid, Fischel. We entered the guest room to see a variety of cookies already prepare in the table.

Oh my, god.... Duchess Owldia always the best!

"You may sit, Kellen", She said.

Duchess Owldia sit down followed by me who sitting in front of her. I don't see Duke Hiller around here.

"The Duke busy with his work at the harbour right now", She said since I was looking around.

"Oh, I thought he was going to be here too", I replied.

"But don't worry. This duchess is going to be here with you", She giggled.

"Mother, you sure delightful to see her", A
voice sounded husky spoke with us.

A manly figure was standing at the door, staring us with his dominant dark eyes. He is Damien Lawn Barbarous, the most ruthless general in royal knight. That's him now which I don't know why did he became the royal knight.

I felt like his future change all the sudden but what the cost of it?

"Damien! Would you like to join us?", Her mother invited him.