Chapter 6 : Invitation

8 years already pass after that horrible tragedy. It's still traumatized me but it can't stop me from my survival. I'm Marien....oh.. I mean.... I'm Kellen Arro Mellifluous, the villainess who will avoid her death flag no matter what. The fate and destiny can't stop me from change my own life.

"Ellen, why you raised your hand?", a sweet voice asked me.

"Oh! Kevin, my sweet little brother. I just play around. That's all", I answered.

"Ok....", He said and continue reading his book.

This is Kevin and he the second male lead in this novel a.k.a my sweet brother. He is 7 years old now. The times pass so fast. He also called me by my nickname. He so cute and innocent. I will protect you no matter what from that bitch.

"Ellen...", He called.

"Yes, my dear brother?", I answered.

"Could you stop doing that face....", He said.

"Oh, sorry", I apologize.

There's a problem about myself. Every time I think of something serious or evil or stare at people, there's a bad vibe around me. It's more a natural evil I had. It's make people uncomfortable with me. Even the maids and knights scared with it except my maid, Fischel and my nanny, Tonia. They're already used to it including my father.

The door open by Sebastian and he bow at us.

"Lady Kellen, the Duke want you to come to his office", He said politely.

"Is he want to discuss something with me?", I asked him.

"Yes, more likely a invitation", He answered.

"Thank you, Sebastian. You can leave now", I said.

"As you wish, my lady", He said and leave the room.

I exit the library and walk toward the Duke office. It's not really far from the library. When I arrive the Duke office, I knock the door 3 times.

"It's me, Kellen", I said.

"Come in", the Duke answered.

I entered the room and bow at my father politely.

"Sebastian already explained to me about your discussion. It's about invitation. Am I correct?", I told him.

"Yes, indeed. The invitation letter is from Duchess Owldia", He said while reading the invitation letter we talked about.

"Duchess Owldia?", I questioned myself.

"Yes, she from Barbarous family. She want to invite me including you and your brother to come to her tea party", He said.

"It's meant I and Kevin will attend that party?", I questioned him.

"Yes, but I had a concern about this. I'm not ready to let you and your brother to attend any party especially it's include one of the most prominent family", he explained.

"Dad, I already 8 year olds! I can take care of myself and Kevin too", I explained to him.

"But you still 5 year olds to me", He said.

"That's silly.....", I answered.

The Duke only release a deep sigh. He hesitate to say something to me. I guess he just care about his children after what happened to me 8 years ago. A terrified past should forget.

"Hmm.... Then, I will let you go to the party. But in one condition", He said.

"What?", I questioned.

"Make a friend.....", He answered.

"No! I don't want a friend!", I yelled.

I don't want the past repeat itself!

"Why? You should have", He explained.

"No! It's a nightmare!", I yelled again.

"Make a friend more likely make an alliance", He explained.

I stop for a second. My villainess whispered in my mind.

A villainess need an alliance! So, I can defeat the protagonist. I'm such a genius!

I giggled at myself with this evil mind I has. I should make a friend at that silly tea party even though it's will torture me for sure.

"Ok, I will make a friends", I answered.

"Good. Tomorrow, the tea party will start afternoon", He explained.

"Are you free that time?", I questioned.

"Yes, I had a free schedule tomorrow", He explained.

"Yeah! A family time!", I cheer.

The Duke only can smile with my behaviour. He really don't mind if I called him dad. Kevin also called him with that title. The Duke changed a little bit in this past of years but there's someone who still the same. Mellea Arro Mellifluous or her real name before she changed it, Mellea Erret Theo. My mother and also the Duke wife. She the woman who still hate me. I want to get rid of her.

"Can I leave now", I questioned.

"Yes, you may leave", He answered.

I leave the room and go back to the library. But my footsteps stop when I saw that woman standing in front of the door. She saw me but she pretended that I doesn't exist. She entered the library and greet her favourite child, Kevin. I walk toward the library slowly and take a peek. That woman sit beside my sweet innocent little brother.

"Hello, my son. How was your day?", She asked.

"Hello, mom. It's fine. What you doing here?", Kevin said.

"I just wanted to visit my sweet little child", She answered.

"And Kellen too?", Kevin questioned.

That woman sweet expression change into disgust when she heard my name. She gritted her teeth and clinched her fist.

"Mom?", Kevin questioned her behaviour.

That woman released a deep sigh and hide her anger with a smile in her face.

"Kevin. Listen to me. Kellen is not your sister. She just a little girl who born with no mana. She just illegitimate child", She explained.

"If you say her name again in front of me, I will not consider you as my child. Understood?", She added.

Kevin look very terrified and just nod. Then, that woman leave the library. She glare at me as a warning. I entered the library and sit beside him.

"Don't listen to her. She just afraid of us", I said to calm him down.

"I know but.... Why mom hate you so much?", He questioned.

"She just hate me because I don't have a mana and useless", I explained.

"You not USELESS! You are the best sister I has in my life", He shouted.

"Thanks, Kevin. You are the best brother I had", I said and smile warmly at him.

I really wanted to get rid of her. Luckily, I knew her biggest secret that she hide from the Duke. I will use against her when the time is right. I will make sure she doesn't set foot in this mansion again. I promise with myself.