Chapter 11 : The cold-hearted queen

The party went well and smooth. Duchess Owldia already back from the restroom and Damien not talked anymore. That's a relieve to me. My father and duke Hiller also come back from their unknown conversation. I wondered what kind of conversation they discuss because my father face looked hard. I can feel his fierce around him. The others noble also can feel that aura. They're more likely want to avoid him for now.

"Ellen, is dad angry?", Kevin whispered at me.

"Yeah, he seem in the bad mood right now. We better not to bother him", I whispered back.

Kevin nodded at me. We really understand what kind of our father is. When the monster is awake, we better not to bother it. Duchess Owldia and duke Hiller become quiet for now as my father looked so cold than usual. No one dare to bother him when he in the bad mood.

"Joseph! Sorry, to keep you waiting", I heard a familiar voice greet my father.

I looked in the direction of the voice. It's the king who spoke. The Barbarous family bowed to the king. My father looked at the direction with cold face. The king looked dumbfounded for awhile but realized what just happened.

"Are you in the bad mood?", He asked.

"Yes, any problem?", My father replied with angry tone.

"Nope, but you better calm down for a bit. Your aura scared my guest", He said politely .

"Sorry, it's just some problem I need to solve", My father sighed.

"Hmm..... Is this about your family affair?", He asked.

"More likely. This is not your business", My father replied and look away.

"I know but I'm your friend. Friend help each other right?", He smiled at my father.

"Indeed.... But it still my business", My father said and walked away from us.

I guess my father needed a time to calm down. He need some fresh air. I'm not gonna bother him. The king sigh after my father left the group. Then, a beautiful woman approach him.

"Your Majesty. I already told you, he not gonna listen to you", She sighed.

"I know but he my friend.....", He mumbled.

Another drama just about to start! This is awesome. The king really care about my father. I really glad about that but who is this beautiful woman?

"Your Majesty, it's really good to meeting you here", Duke Hiller greet her and bowed again.

Duchess Owldia and Damien also bowed too. So, I and my brother do the same thing.
This woman must be the queen and the mother of first male lead. She only appear a few times in the novel. Her description is very blurry as far I knew. I think her name was Sheeran Venderick.

"It's nice to meeting you, Duke Barbarous", She greet him back with cold gaze.

"And this must be the Mellifluous family children. How innocent....", She added but her tone sounded cold.

I can feel her cold gaze toward at me. This is uncomfortable yet scary. Kevin also hold my hand tightly as I do the same. She looked us like a prey.

"What's your name, child?", She asked me.

"My name is Kellen and this is my brother, Kevin", I replied.

"Such a good name you had. Where's your mother? Isn't she supposed to be with you?", She asked me.

"She's chatted with her friends", I lied to her.

I don't know where the hell that woman go. She disappeared like a dust after we arrived at the party. How suppose I know what she doing!?

"Ouh, she must be with him. Poor child", She smirked.

"Sheeran, stop it. They're just a kid. Don't say something like that", The king sighed.

What's she mean by that? Is that woman with another man?

"That's the fact. They're just a child who doesn't know anything about their parents affair", She said.

"Hmm.... Just stop. Don't spread a false rumors in here", The king sighed again and making an angry face.

The queen rolling her eyes and walked away from us. I guess she done insulted my family. It's look like she hate my family. She also cold-hearted yet naive I guess.

"I apologize for my wife behavior. She always like that. I don't know why the late king chose her as my bride", The king sighed softly.

"It's for the best, your majesty. The late king tried his best to find a good queen for you", Duke Hiller spoke to him.

"That's make sense but it's doesn't meant I love her", The king confessed.

"I know", Duke Hiller said.

The king let out another sighed and left us without a word. I guess this is the end of the drama. I know this hard to understand even I don't know what actually happened. So, the king doesn't love the queen at all. Then, who actually he truly love? Another question appear in my head.

"Ellen, should we look for dad?", Kevin whispered at me.

"Hmm.... Yeah.... I will look for him. You stay here with Duchess Owldia and Duke Hiller", I replied.

"But..... I don't want to stay with him", He begged at me.

I look at Damien with a deadly stare although he tried to ignore it. He can't run away with this stare of mine since my aura just like the duke. I really grateful with this kind of ability even though I don't have mana.

"What?", He said after he can't bare my deadly stare.

"If you hurt my brother like before, I will cut both your leg with a knife", I whispered at him.

"Whatever", He replied while look away.

I knew this little bastard scare of me. I can feel your fear my friend. My evil yet deadly stare never fail.

"It's fine, Kevin. If something bad happen just like before, I will tell dad", I replied.

"Ok, but be fast", He begged.

"I promise", I giggled.

I walked toward the door where my father go and left the party. The door lead to the outside of the royal palace. I hope I can find my father as faster I can. I don't like my brother stick with that Damien guy. I hate him but I still want to save his family. There's many deep secret in this new world I didn't know. Although, it's just a novel world, there's many things I don't really know about this girl. I just need to survive as long I can. I can't died easily in here. There's many foe that will appear in the future. I must prepared no matter what!

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update. Author is so busy with school. I hope you all understand me.