"Ma?" You raise an eyebrow. Your index finger under her chin makes her look at you again. What a treat for a mother.

"I-it's probably in... L.A.?" She slowly half answers, half questions.

"It's what?!" You raise your voice accidentally in shock.

"It's in L.A., Y/n." Your mother now repeats firm.

"Okay everyone, how about I make us some drinks and we sit down and talk." Hailee interrupts what's going on.

You force yourself to give her a quick smile, before automatically walking into your kitchen to take a seat there.

"Good idea, thank you Hailee." Your mom thanks her, walking right after Hailee.

"How can you accept a job for me, a job FOR ME, that's in L.A.? L.A. mom!" You're getting more and more angry.

"Hold on Y/n. I didn't accept that job. That's up to you to do it." Your mom defends.

Hailee places three glasses of water on the table and takes her seat next to you. Your mom sits across from you.

"Good, cause that will never happen!" Your voice again goes loud.

Hailee holds your shoulder that's on her side tight. "Y/n, maybe you should listen to what your mom is going to say, before deciding already." She states, softly.

You put your head down, exhaling hardly, before looking into your mother's wet eyes again. Yelling at her has always been hurting her quickly.

"I'm sorry mom, I didn't mean to yell at you. Forgive me." Your voice now comes out soft.

Hailee's hand caresses your back, up and down in little circles. God you feel so comfortable and calm under this kind of touch.

"You're always forgiven my angel." Your mom sends you a little smile.

You nod for her to keep talking about the job.

"As I said, I don't have every detail of it yet." She starts to repeat. "But all I know so far is, that this job is also a bigger one, a bigger project." She explains. "That's why I was thinking to tell you about it." Your mother looks down at her hands, now placed under yours.

"But you know that I'm probably going to decline that job, right?" You state calm.

Your mom only nods.

Hailee's eyes are on you now. "Why not?" Her voice sounds breakable.

You turn to face her. "I just don't wanna be there. There's nothing left there for me to go back there." You spit words out that you should've been overthinking before.

"Oh, okay." Hailee nods sadly.

It hits you with a brick. The words you just said. Fuck! 'You dumb shit, Y/n!' you punish yourself in your thoughts.

"Y/n?" Hailee questions your facial expression which has been going pretty angry due your thoughts.

"I- I- That's not what I meant. I mean it kind of is what I meant, but I didn't mean it-"

"It's okay, you don't have to justify yourself to me." Hailee says, her voice is cold. She's hurting but trying to deny it.

"What Y/n probably was saying is, that her home, that where I live, is nothing left for her to come back. Our house, my house, is full of all the memories of her sister and her as children a-and I can't say goodbye to this all, I couldn't leave it behind and move out, when Y/n could." Your mother now explains to Hailee, what she usually hates to tell to anyone.

"Mom... you don't have to..." You squeeze her hands, that are still under yours.

"No darling, I want to. Because I think that Hailee deserves to get to know this. She's... Y/n you're such an idiot to not see it." Your mother seems to be loosing her words.

"Oh Misses Y/l/n... you really don't have to tell all this. It's something very private." Hailee tries to calm your mother down too.

"Please Hailee, call me Amelia." Your mom smiles at Hailee.

"It's a beautiful name, Amelia." She states.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful person." You smile at your mother. You can tell every of your extern beauty, as the internal one, comes from her and only her.

Your mom giggles at your sweet talk.

"Thank you anyway, for telling me this things." Hailee says. She has turned her body to face you and your mom better.

"Y/n over here should be thanking me, I saved my daughters pretty butt." Your mom gestures towards you.

"Ma!" You groan.

"What? I did. Didn't I?" She grins.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night." You roll your eyes at her.

You won't keep discussing this, because you know your mom is right, she saved you from kind of loosing Hailee.

"By the way sleep at night. You look kind of tired, so I guess you hadn't much sleep?" Your mother counts one plus one.

"Oh my god, mom!" You quietly yell at her.

Hailee is drowning in her laughter.

Your mom and you should probably be having one of those worse and worse sitcoms.

"You're hilarious." Hailee states, caressing your shoulder once more.

"Shut up bab- Haiz!" You stumble. Too late. Your mom's eyes abruptly widen.

"You better not, mom." You raise your index finger to warn her from making any silly comment right now.

Trying to hold back another laughter, failing, Hailee and your mom burst out laughing. You should probably see your face right now.

"So are there any other big news to be pronounced?" Your mom asks after a while, still having that happy smile.

You look at Hailee, but she looks at your mom. Her eyes stare kind of shocked.

Now she manages it to look at you, panicking a little more and more.

It's up to you now, to stay calm and solve this situation like a pro.

"Oh come on lovebirds. Relax, I'm just messing with you!" You mom laughs.

Hailee and you exhale obviously.

"Or maybe not." Your mom noticed the exhales in relief and keeps teasing with joy.

Abruptly Hailee and you suck in air again.

Your mom can't help it but dies in laughter.

She coughs. Your mom coughs caused by her silly laughter.

"If that's not karma." You state. Now it's Hailee and you laughing a little.

"Oh just wait for it darling. " Your mother warns, out of breath from laughing and coughing.

"Better sleep with an eye open, lovely." Hailee suddenly switches sides and winks at you.

"Oh come on! Are you kidding me Haiz?!" You're outraged.

"She's choosing to do right." Your mom giggles, petting your hand.

"You guys are so rude together!" You act annoyed, but a smile decorates your face.

You love that they seem to understand each other well and... yes you honestly also love it when they build up a team together, even if it's against your one-man army.

You're as happy as like not for a long time.
This all also thanks to Hailee. You'd go to church every sunday, just to pray for your both's relationship to not get ruined by anything or anyone. Whatever kind of relationship you and her got.

_
I own your mothers.

Jk, I thought Amelia is kind of a beautiful and lovely name for a mom so I hope you're alright with that. ;)

I'm sure y'all mothers got beautiful names tho. Don't forget, love ma, always do!❤