Chapter 42 [Nothing More Than Your Touch]

.

.

.

Scaramouche

"I feel like shit."

You

"I promise I'll figure out a way for you to get out of here. I hate it here as much as you do."

Scaramouche

"I don't... Even know where we are."

You

"We're in Ei's home."

Scaramouche

"Oh jeez... Get me out."

You

"You need to rest, Scara."

Scaramouche

"God dammit... How long do you think I'll have to stay in this bed for?"

You

"At least like... A few weeks until you can start walking."

Scaramouche

"Weeks?! Y/N, what the fuck?!"

You

"I'm just stating the facts! Remember, that blade went right through your gut. You won't heal easily from that."

Scaramouche

"Please, I don't heal the way human bodies do."

You

"I know how badly you want to get out, but I'm being dead serious - You need rest. Lots of it."

Scaramouche lightly groaned in annoyance.

😏

You

"I'll be right here with you. I'm not going anywhere."

Scaramouche

"... Really?..."

You

"Yes, really. I hope I don't bore you."

You two laughed.

.

.

.

-TWO WEEKS LATER, EI'S RESIDENCE-

Though you still despised Ei, she cared for you and provided you with everything you needed, even if you didn't ask for it. But, you weren't going to give in so easily. 

.

.

.

Ei

"So..."

While you were hanging Scaramouche's freshly cleaned hospital gowns on the laundry line outside, her voice surprised you from behind.

You

"..."

Ei

"I see you take a liking to Scaramouche."

You took a brief break before continuing to hang the garments that needed to be dry, your head turned away from Ei completely.

Ei