Originally, the emperor wanted to say that if he was the slightest bit dissatisfied with the marriage, he could derive an excuse to take back the Imperial decree. However, it was evident that such a method now proved difficult to proceed with. It would be even more so in vain with Shen Liang's side. Unless he made his intentions clear, how was it possible for a Ger to blatantly go against the Imperial decree?

"It's good as long as you are satisfied with it. I heard Shen Liang helped stop your breathing and helped you regain consciousness?" The emperor gazed at him and after pondering for a while, brought up a new topic.

"En. Liangliang truly is too audacious. He actually utilized the usual suturing method used on the battlefield to sew up my wounds. I'm afraid of Uncle laughing at me, but he didn't use any anesthesia. I woke up from the pain," Pei Yuanxian laughed somewhat helplessly and somewhat embarrassed. It was as though he thought it was embarrassing for a grown man like him to be woken up by the pain.

"Really? Beloved Physician Wu, why didn't you think of suturing the wound yesterday?" looking at him with unclear meaning, the emperor turned his head slightly. 

Wu Ci, who had been waiting by the side, broke out in cold sweat as he bowed tremblingly and responded: "Your Majesty, please forgive me, but the suturing method was created by the ancestors of the Wei Family during the founding of the Great Qin empire. It was discovered and developed by Jiang Heng, the wife of the famed God of War General. However, it is more commonly used on the battlefield for more serious injuries. Normal injuries rarely require suturing of the wounds. This Physician has been practicing medicine for decades and the number of times even I have utilized the suture technique could be counted on one hand. But the way I see it, the Duke's continual blood loss isn't primarily due to the wound itself, but rather, the Blood Canyang. I imagine Young Master Shen should've also put in quite some effort in this regard as well."

"Is that so, Yuanxian?" Did Shen Liang truly have such exceptional medical skills or was everything part of Pei Yuanxian's schemes from the get-go, the emperor truly wanted to know. 

"is Physician Wu questioning my Wangfei's medical skills?" Pei Yuanxian was evidently still weak and feeble, but his momentum immediately changed as his gaze rested on Wu Ci like sharp knives. He didn't even take into consideration the emperor who was sitting by his side. However, Pei Yuanxian's reputation as the Imeprial City's number one dandy wasn't feigned. It wasn't the first time he disregarded the emperor's presence now. No one present found his impudence new. Quite contrarily, his former embarrassment and shyness made others more uncomfortable beforehand. 

"This subordinate wouldn't dare, but...:

What an unreasonable demonic king he was!

Physician Wu couldn't help but groan secretly in his heart. However, on the surface, he still had to maintain his image and argue against the method. Otherwise, he'd be admitting that his medical skills couldn't compare to Shen Liang's, a fifteen year old's. In the future, he can forget about working in the Imperial Hospital anymore.

"But what? The things you're incapable of doing, you won't even allow others to do? Old Zhou, come over and tell him just how exceptional the Wangfei's medical skills are," Pei Yuanxian didn't give him the chance to finish speaking at all as he retorted first with his pale face.

Physician Zhou, who had been called out in hurried forward with trembling hands: "Your Majesty, Imperial Physician Wu, for the wound itself, the Wangfei truly only did just suture the wound. However, after suturing the wound, he spent another great deal of time with acupuncturing the duke as well. Before he left, he even left us a new prescription for hemostatic effects to consider as well. He said we should prepare it just in case. Your Majesty, Imperial Physician Wu, the prescription is here. Please have a look!" after delivering his half-lie and half truths, Imperial Physician took out the prescription Shen Liang left him in the morning. This was something Pei Yuanxian had ordered him to do beforehand. He wanted them to assess Shen Liang's medical skills for themselves as to prevent them from trying to poison Shen Liang in the future.