Goodbye

Third Person:

"You? The Neverseen? What are you doing here?" Sophie demanded.

"Sophie, Sophie. Stupid as usual." Spat out a familiar scratchy voice. Brant.

"You might even think she'd be grateful. After all the research we did. Finding out her parents' identities, finding the location of your hideout... the list goes on!" Said the other pyrokinetic, Fintan.

Sophie stared at the two, wide-eyed. How could it have been them who sent her the note? Sophie was confused, but curious to find out who they were. Her biological parents.

"What's the catch?" Sophie crossed her arms, channeling her anger, in case of an inflicting emergency.

"Catch?" Brant laughed.

"Don't play dumb." Sophie shouted.

"Aggressive much? She'll make a good fit." Fintan stated.

"I-I'm not joining you. I never would." Sophie said, trying to convince herself. But her curiosity was eating her reason away.

"We're not here to catch up," Brant said, annoyed. "We're here to make a deal. If you join us, we'll tell you all of the secrets that have kept you up all night. Join us!" He said while offering his hand.

To Sophie, this seemed a lot like a human movie series favorite. But this was not time for humor or having fun. She had to make a decision.

Fintan set down a Neverseen cloak on the ground and said, "Tick-Tock!"

But Sophie had already made a decision. As she was putting the cloak on, she heard a voice that made her heart ache.

"Foster? Foster! Foster, where are you?" Keefe shouted out, desperately trying to find Sophie.

Keefe saw Sophie, wearing the Neverseen cloak as she was turned around, facing Fintan and Brant.

He stared at her, wide-eyed and heartbroken. Hurt. "Sophie?" He asked, tears streaming down his face.

"Keefe I-" Sophie began but was cut off as Fintan and Brant light leaped away, taking her with them.

Keefe crumpled on the ground, broken and shocked. He, and the rest of the group, had been betrayed.