-chapter twenty nine-

-abhimanyu-

"The note's generic as fuck."

"I don't care. I want you to find out who has left this in my suite," I gritted out, switching the phone to the other side of my ear. I could hear a snicker from the other side.

"Pity how the invader still managed to leave a note while escaping from your security," Vivaan says from the other side. I knew he was going to bring this up to rub the carelessness of my guards on my face.

"I want the name of thet person in three hours, Vivaan," I announce, my voice thickening with danger and warning.

"I am currently busy," he tells me as if he is on a war mission.

"Busy doing nothing but poking your fucking nose in your siblings life. Yes." I clench my jaws together.

"It is not just my siblings here. You have a beautiful wife and she is currently in front of my eyes."

The mention of Vedika burned something in my chest. I had told Roman to not her leave the suite until I returned but it is always the mother of my child to disobey me.

"Come on Vivaan, do you think I don't know you have Spider? I am a mob boss for a reason. I heard Spider is beautiful with a body sex doll companies would want to replicate."

A smirk curled up on my face when I heard silence from the other side. "Don't bring Spider into this, Abhimanyu," he breathed.

"Then take your eyes off my wife," I warned.

"Fine. Your work would be done in three hours."

No matter how much of a tech genius Vivaan was, he too had a weakness. A weakness all Rajvansh men had. It was a woman with strands of dyed violet hair and green eyes with a gorgeous mind ready to bring powerful man of the underworld to their knees.

"Could that note be related to Rosa?" Shivansh questioned as I stood by my SUV. I shook my head. "Perhaps it is something related with my wife's past."

His thick brows knitted together. "What past?"

"I don't know that... yet."

"That's unlike you."

It was. I was man who would had information by its feet by a second if I wanted to but Vedika wasn't ready to tell her story. If she was, she could have told me that long ago.

"The invader is either someone who is between us or he has someone helping him. Either way, he has still managed to hid away from our eyes."

His words were right. I had thought Rosa was a traitor among my staffs but she wasn't the only one. Someone was out there and was closer to my wife and daughter.

Shivansh's grey eyes settled on the dampness on my white shirt because of her tears and the little nude lipstick stain of Vedika when she had pressed her head against my chest, soothing the pain away.

"Where are you going?" Shivansh question the moment I started slowly walking away.

"Home," I answered as I pulled out my phone.

"We are home, brother." I could see him rolling his eyes the moment I tapped Khaos number.

The Rajvansh Palace had built to be picturesque. A creation where no one could judge the people who lived here were not sane. It was where monsters lived and haunted every corners of the wall but it wasn't my home.