-chapter twelve-

-abhimanyu-

The soft petals of roses were the lightest thing against my fingers as I creased it in my hand before I plucked it from the stem and crushed it under my touch, gesturing to the hearts I had crushed with the same hands. I fucking hated roses. It smelled nothing like jasmine. The scent that was now starting to rip into my veins of a certain person in my life.

Jasmine scent. Honey eyes. Raven hair.

"It is cold outside, Rajvansh." The sagging laughter of the man had my nostrils flaring as I glared at sky above me before I turned to face back the man and the reason of problem. "You are right," I nodded at him as I walked from the balcony to into his office.

He laughed again as he brought the glass against the tip of his lips but his gaze were fixed on me. "That I'm," he prodded into his self-pride while the corner of lips lifted up and I saw Enzo's shoulders muscles flexing in alarm manner in the corner of the room.

"Even when you play with the lives of your public." The politician laughed even when my tone held no humour in them. "It's politics, Mr Rajvansh. You get compassion of public in the form of vote," he recited through his drunken lips that were yet again yearning for its next drink.

Politics here were dirtier than the streets of slums that ran deep and filthy in the veins of people who greeded for money and power and the Rajvansh blood in me had enough knowledge about it than the ugly politician thought who hired his own man to shoot him in the middle of his campaign it was hard to get out of the messes these polictician left behind. Something I couldn't forget after taking bullets two times from politicians when I got handy with them.

"You have to do it if you want to survive in politics and if you—"

Thud.

I could have lost her because of him.

The glass from his hands shattered down as his filthy blood droplets touched my face as I shot him between the eyes. The annoying voice died down as silence surrounded the room until I heard the gruffing sound of Enzo's footsteps.

"Boss." Enzo passed the politcian's life body a pitiless look through his barbaric eyes which flickered towards me once in a distress annoyed manner and I knew the reason behind. The Cartel wasn't going to like what I had did to the powerful politician after my encounters with the two politician who I messed up with but I didn't gave a damn about the Cartel.

I could lost something because of his greed which I couldn't. My father used to say that their was no room regrets in the world of men like us. That we Rajvanshs would might take anything we sat our eyes on but the taste would be bitter. I heard that when I was at the age of ten as I had stared at the naked and lifeless body of his mistress who he had killed without a second thought in his office and he had no regret about it.

You are one of us, Abhimanyu. A Rajvansh and I Rajvansh doesn't feel not even regret. So be a man, you freak.

Freak. That is what he called me as his words repeated in my mind when he used his way to teach me how to be a man. The least painful for a ten year old of his way was when he kicked me in my ribs. Where most felt pain in those kicking, little Abhimanyu felt relieved that it was just kicks and not something more.

I shouldn't be feeling.

I repeated in my mind because it was the only prayer my father had taught me to survive Cartel but I was feeling and I wanted to make it stop anyhow but I couldn't. The only the I regretted was saying those words of the man who made me a monster. Vedika was making me feel. She was making me regret. She was making me obsessed.