three

Omen didn't show up to training the following day, or the day after that, or the entire rest of the week. 

He was losing his permeance, his ability to feel human. 

He had spent the days knitting, tending to his garden, and looking out the window of his room at the moon. 

How nice it must be to be so free. 

The clock struck midnight. 

Surely no one would be in the range at this time. 

Although he hadn't shown up for trainings that didn't mean he wasn't still training. 

He had to. 

Omens only purpose at this point was to better his skills and protect. To the best of his ability.

As expected the halls were bare, darkness looming around him. It gave him a sense of peace.

The range was unoccupied when he entered. 

His weapon of choice that day was a vandal. 

The bots didn't stand a chance. It was headshot after headshot. 

And it was all over within minutes, all around him was scattered metals scraps. 

A huff escaped him as he looked at the scoreboard. 

His score was the same as everyone else. But he was at the top of the board for speed and accuracy. 

His memories were limited, but sometimes he wished he could forgot the ones he created. 

Sage refusing to do something as simple as dance with him left him truly feeling unwanted and uncared for. 

After all he would sacrifice anything....everything for her. 

There was a hand on his shoulder as he had been lost in thought. 

"What plagues your mind dear friend?" Truthfully Omen didn't know. 

"A radiant healer is with them," He was referring to the Sage from Omega Earth. Though he had personally not been out on the field he heard the stories from Phoenix and Yoru. How they eliminated the Omega Jett, Viper, and Cypher. 

Yet, their Sage had brought them back to life, completely as they once were. 

"I can't help but wonder. Could she return me to my once former self?"

Sova shook his head, his bow by his side which he raised, pulling out an arrow from his quiver to aim and shoot at the target in front of them. 

Bullseye. 

"You must remember who the enemies are dear friend. Our Sage is far more powerful, more wonderful then they could ever imagine."

"Then why doesn't she grant me my wish? Why must she not even try and heal my soul?"

Sova took another arrow and aimed, this time however he missed. Purposefully. 

"She fears failure Omen. As do many of us but Sage more than anyone. She is a special one," Another arrow was shot, this time right through the previous one, the sound of crackling to be heard. "Skye is also a valuable healer but I hate to say still not as precious our dear Sage. She doesn't mend souls Omen. She brings them back to life in their host body. Without her we would be far more afraid to go into battles. Far too much to risk. And if Sage dies," Sova shook his head, shooting his last arrow which missed the target all together.

Omen understood what the other was trying to say. But he was selfish. For once he wanted to think about himself and not others. 

He always gave up himself, his powers, for others in there time of need. But no one ever bothered to care for him. 

The whole reason he was slowly losing sight of himself. 

Sova gave Omen's shoulder a squeeze. 

"Remember who you are Omen. A man. Not a monster."

•••