Chapter nine!

"So you three —four? Hi Donghyuck? Anyway you all made up!" Youngho grins. He's back with taeyong and yuta at his side, holding medical supplies that they immediately start to put into the cupboards.

Donghyuck, flushed red, wordlessly nods. He straightens up and stands from his spot. Waving at the boys absentmindedly, he bows to the confused elders and leaves.

Yuta and Taeyong gapes.

"Is Donghyuck okay?"

Donghyuck closes the door and runs the furthest he legs can go. Once he finds a silent hallway he presses his back against a wall, slouching down slowly as his legs lose their power.

What was that just now?!

Donghyuck fans his cheeks with one hand, the other hand tightly clutches the cotton fabric over his pounding heart.

Did he just turn into a flushing mess? But why??

What was that really?!

He stands up, barely ready to go back to class, when something suddenly hits him.

Oh.

Oh!

"omg.."

The bell rings for lunch time.

Ningning glances at her friend who's dazed look has never left his face since he came back to class.

Truth to be told, the dazed part was not new to the alpha. Donghyuck always had the attention span of a carrot in class. However, to everyone's and teacher Do's surprise, Lee Donghyuck, seventeen, even in daze, was taking notes.

Ningning is not exaggerating when she says that everyone present in the room gasped at the scary sight. She might even have heard some taking pictures to immortalize the unusual scene.

Ningning will admit that she is slightly worried about her friend though. When she left the infirmary he didn't have the puffy eye he was wearing right now. Which meant that someone made him cry, and that someone being one of the three stupid alphas since no one in the school had the capacity to be mean against the omega. Okay, more like because she left him with them before going back to P.E. Anyway, it has to be one of them!

She clenches her fist unconsciously.

These jerks will pay!

She doesn't know what they have done to him but when she finds out, they can prepare themselves for a good beating!

But Donghyuck will be even sadder if she beats them up though.. Even if she does it in secret..

She breathes through her nose.

Thank God it's lunch time, Donghyuck will probably feel better after eating— No, he will definitely feel better, food was everything to him..

She turns to face her friend with a smile.

"Hyuck let's eat—Hyuck?"

An empty chair.

She looks around in the search of her friend.

"You're looking for Hyuck?" one of her classmates asks.

She hums in response, the boy, seemingly frustrated, scratches his head.

"I was about to give him his score for our football practice but he bolted right after the bell rang, screw football, he should consider atletism!" the student says while Ningning's mouth opens wide.