Book 7: Kuvira's Gambit

Beginne am Anfang

Ryu: How's the evacuation coming?

Wu: Could be better. At this point we've evacuated almost... eighteen families.

Korra: Only eighteen? There are millions of people in this city!

Wu: I said it could be better.

Mako: The problem is, it's a voluntary evacuation and there aren't very many volunteers. They just don't feel like they're in any immediate danger.

The conversation comes to an abrupt halt as Bolin bursts through the doors of the office.

Bolin: Guys! Good, you're all here!

Raiko stands up angrily, as Lin, Suyin and, Zhu Li enter the room.

Raiko: What's with you interrupting my important meetings all the time?

Korra: Su... what are you... you're okay!

The two women exchange a hug.

Korra: I'm so sorry about Zaofu. How did you escape?

Bolin: Opal, Beifong, and I rescued everyone. But we had a run in with Kuvira. We saw her super spirit weapon up close. Like, really close. Way too close.

Roku: Is she going to use it against Republic City?

Zhu Li: Yes. I found out she's going to attack in two weeks.

Bolin: Ooh! And Zhu Li's on our side now. Actually, she never really switched sides and I'm just gonna let her explain the whole thing. Zhu Li?

Zhu Li: I pretended to be loyal to Kuvira so I could sabotage her weapon. It didn't work, but I did overhear her plans to attack.

Raiko: I knew she wouldn't stop at Zaofu.

Lin: My guess is, she's coming by rail. It's the only way she can transport that weapon.

Korra: Then we'll cut the rail lines.

Raiko: I agree. But let's get as many citizens evacuated before we do. Put out the announcement. The evacuation is now mandatory.

Mako: We're on it.

Ryu: Don't worry Mr. President. We won't let Kuvira take our city.

Cut to the outside of a Future Industries factory. Transition inside, where workers are busy fastening bolts and welding. Cut to Varrick standing on a balcony above the assembly floor, addressing the workers.

Varrick: Weld hotter! Tighten tighter!

Cut to overhead view of several flying mecha suits. Camera pans left.

Varrick: The president said we only have two weeks to get these hummingbirds humming!

Cut to Varrick's face. He places two hands behind his ears and closes his eyes as he hums. Behind him, Bolin walks through a set of doors and addresses him.

Bolin: Varrick! Good, you're here.

Varrick turns to face Bolin.

Bolin: Can I talk to you for a minute?

Varrick: What is it? I'm busy inspiring my workers.

Bolin: Well, I went to Zaofu and saved Su and her family... and guess who else we found? Ha!

On cue, Zhu Li walks through the doors, looking slightly unnerved. Varrick, seeing her, straightens up, his eyes widening in surprise.

Varrick: Zhu Li.

As Zhu Li looks more heartened, a soft smile on her face.

Bolin: Now, isn't there something you wanted to say to her? Hmm?