Book 5: The Southern Lights

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

The Southern Water Tribe is under siege! When Avatar Korra was attacked by a dark spirit, Chief Unalaq was the only one able to stop it. So, Korra turned her back on Tenzin and chose Unalaq as her new spiritual mentor. Tenzin and his family left for a vacation at the Southern Air Temple, while Korra remained in the Water Tribe. Will she be able to restore balance between humans and spirits?
==============================

The camera pans down to reveal a shot of the Glacier Spirits festival. A dark spirit appears on a nearby cliff, and looks out over the festival. Cut to the camel yak stables, as Korra rides in on Naga, with Unalaq waiting for her. Korra dismounts Naga and approaches her uncle.

Unalaq: You're early.

Korra: What can I say? I'm pumped up to learn that Unalaq spirit fighting.

Ryu: It's not fighting Korra.

Unalaq: Ryu... wasn't expecting you to be here.

Ryu: What can I say. Have to make sure she doesn't get herself into trouble. Why scared I'll burn ya?

Unalaq: O-Of course not. You can come. But he is indeed right, I'm not here to teach you to fight spirits, I'm here to help you begin your spiritual training. We're going to one of the most remote places in the world, the long neglected spiritual center of your tribe, the South Pole.

Korra: You're going to train me at the South Pole?

Unalaq: We will do more than just train. By neglecting the spirits, the people of the South have brought darkness upon themselves, and now it threatens to destroy our tribe. We must set things right. The Southern Water Tribe depends on you.

Korra: A dangerous trip to the South Pole? Count me in! Come on Ryu, I know you your excited as well.

Ryu: I'm just oozing with excitement.

============================

The scene changes to a shot of the Southern Air Temple, which comes into focus through the clouds. Oogi flies into shot heading for the temple, with Tenzin and his family riding on him.

Tenzin: There it is, the Southern Air Temple. Isn't it magnificent?

The scene changes again to two Air Acolytes, one of whom is sweeping, while the other feeds three ring-tailed lemurs. They turn in surprise as Oogi flies in, and as he lands, three Acolytes walk toward the bison, two of them carrying a large case.

Shung: Master Tenzin, welcome!

Tenzin: Good to see you again, Abbot Shung.

He and Pema bow toward the abbot.