Book 6: The Stakeout

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

Zaheer infiltrated Zaofu and attempted to kidnap the Avatar. After a harrowing battle, she was saved and discovered a shocking truth: Aiwei, Su's trusted adviser, has been working with Zaheer. This truth seer turned traitor managed to escape but Su tasks Team Avatar of tracking him down. Now the hunted becomes the hunter as Korra searches for answers.
============================

The scene opens to a few rocks dotting the desert landscape and we can see some spirits casually mingling about. In the background, Team Avatar has arrived in a local Earth Kingdom desert village with hopes to track down Aiwei. Naga is seen stopping to sniff the ground. Cut to a close-up of the group as Asami pulls in the jeep behind Ryu and Korra.

Ryu: Aiwei has definitely been through here. Nice tracking, girl.

Mako: Let's ask around. Maybe someone's seen him.

Cut to the inside of a tavern as Mako pushes the curtain aside at the entrance. The group enters and everyone in the tavern glances at the group. Bolin notices something on the wall of the tavern and the camera pans to reveal a wanted poster of him on the wall.

Bolin: Ohh look, they have a mover poster of me.

Mako looks at the poster with mild surprise.

Bolin: Must be big Nuktuk fans, yeah, I should go out and say hello...

Mako: No. Those are wanted posters,

Scene pulls back to reveal wanted posters for all four teens on the wall. Mako reads Korra's poster while Ryu had a stink face.

Mako: and there's one for each of us. "Wanted by Her Majesty, the Earth Queen, for crimes against the Kingdom."

Cut to Mako as he raises an eyebrow while Korra is fuming behind him. Glances back at Korra, rolling his eyes.

Mako: I'm guessing this is because we took her airbenders.

Ryu: Least they didn't get your nose wrong.

Korra: They weren't hers to keep! I swear, if I see her pinchy little queen face again, I am going to...

Asami and Ryu glances back into the tavern.

Asami: Uhh, guys...

Camera pans across the various patrons of the bar and one man pulls out his sword while another shows off his spear.

Asami: We should get out of here.

The group walks out and Korra does a gesture to all the men in the tavern before she departs. The scene shifts to an aerial view of the Beifong Estate in the morning with the remnants of the battle lingering in the shot. View switches to Suyin talking to two guards on the bridge where Lin walks toward and confronts her sister.

Lin: Where's everyone? I've been waiting to leave for half an hour.

Suyin: And good morning to you, Lin. Now don't get mad, Ryu and Korra's fine. I'm just waiting to hear if they'd tracked down Aiwei yet.

Lin: What! You let them go?! I thought we were on the same page about this, and then you go and stab me in the back?

Suyin: Oh, don't be so overdramatic. You can't control Ryu and the Avatar's every move.