forty four | the impossible astronaut

Start from the beginning

* * *

Three months ago

After pulling out a knife, Kol approached a strapped down Jeremy Gilbert as he said, "Now, like I said, I don't fancy the hunter's curse. So, I'm just gonna chop off your arm, but don't worry. I'll heal you right up with a bit of blood after." After holding down Jeremy's head with his other hand, he said, "Sorry about the sting."

While a heavily breathing Jeremy simply laid on the counter, Kol took a step back and asked, "Now, which-which arm is it? Is it left, or right?" After shaking his head to himself, he said, "I'll just chop off both to be safe."

Just as Kol was about to chop off one of Jeremy's arms, Elena Gilbert quickly sped into the kitchen and threw herself at Kol, which got Kol to unintentionally cut open one of the straps that was holding Jeremy down onto the kitchen counter.

While Kol let out yells as Elena shoved him towards the counter and pinned him against one of them, Jeremy took off the other strap before he slid off of the counter and grabbed the hose connected to the sink.

It was then that Jeremy sprayed the water at Kol, who started to scream when the vervain-laced water had hit him.

While Kol only continued to scream from the pain of the water hitting him, Elena quickly took the white oak stake out of his pocket and tossed it over towards Jeremy as she yelled, "Jeremy! Now!"

It was then that Jeremy quickly walked towards Kol and shoved the stake right into his heart, which got Kol to scream even louder than he already was.

While the two of them slowly backed away from Kol, Kol continued to scream as he caught on fire before he stumbled his way towards the entrance to the kitchen.

However, instead of leaving the kitchen, he simply fell onto the floor with part of his body under a table as his screams ceased altogether.

Instead of saying anything, Elena and Jeremy shared a look, but before either of them could say so much as one single word to one another, a thud was heard coming from the outside of the home.

While Jeremy's eyes had widened once he saw who was on their knees on the front porch, Elena's eyebrows furrowed before she asked, "Jeremy, what is it?"

Jeremy didn't respond.

He only continued to stare out of the front door, which got Elena to slowly turn her head to see that Annabelle Mikaelson was on her knees with tears rolling down both sides of her face as she stared at Kol's burnt body.

And while the two of them stared at Annabelle, they couldn't help but share a worried glance when Annabelle started to sob.

Before either of them could say anything to the relentlessly sobbing Original, Klaus was suddenly standing beside Annabelle and taking in the sight of his sobbing sister and Kol's dead body.

After a couple seconds of silence between the four of them– aside from Annabelle's relentless sobbing– Klaus asked them, "What did you do?"

Elena told him, "We-We didn't have a choice. He was trying to cut off Jeremy's arm."

In turn, Klaus said to her, "Lies. He never would've gotten inside if you hadn't have set a trap for him."

Elena replied, "You said you were gonna put him down, too."

Klaus yelled, "I was gonna make him suffer on my terms!" After sighing to himself, he looked around the outside of the house as he said, "I want to burn this house to the ground, and then when you try to flee for your lives, I'll kill you both without blinking."