forty four | the impossible astronaut

Start from the beginning

After he quickly stood up from the couch and walked towards her, Klaus yelled, "I will not have my hand forced by you or anyone else!"

Caroline asked him, "What is wrong with you? I'm reaching out to you despite everything that you have done, and you still can't get out of your own way. God! I feel sorry for you."

Once Caroline had started to turn her back on him, Klaus sped right in front of her and yelled, "Don't turn your back on me!"

In turn, Caroline yelled, "I should have turned my back on you ages ago!"

After a couple seconds of silence, Klaus said, "It's gone."

With furrowed eyebrows, Caroline said, "What?"

Klaus told her, "The pain. The-The pain is gone." After letting out a sigh, he said, "Oh, see, it was never there. He got in my head. Silas... got inside my head."

After grabbing onto Caroline's hands, he said to her, "You took my mind off it. You brought me back, Caroline."

After turning her back on him, Caroline turned back to Klaus with a sigh as she said, "If Silas can make you, of all people, believe that you're dying... what can he do to the rest of us?"

After sighing to herself and raising her own eyebrows, Annabelle said, "Well, Nik, as much fun as it was watching you torture yourself like this, I'm going to go. I'll see you around, Nik."

Then– without so much as saying another word– Annabelle was gone.

And while Klaus and Caroline were left in the same room as one another, Annabelle was going to kill yet another human that she would cross paths with, only to be forced to a halt when the familiar sound of the TARDIS's whirring could be heard as while it materialized around her– courtesy of the Doctor, despite not seeing him in ten months.

* * *

Three-hundred and ten days after she'd last seen the Doctor, Annabelle found herself being brought into a hug by the Doctor, who yelled, "Oh, Annabelle, it's so good to see you!" Then he quickly pulled back from her and asked her, "Tell me, how long's it been since we last saw each other?"

After only blinking up at him, she said, "Ten months."

With slightly wide eyes, he asked her, "Has it really been ten months?" When she only nodded her head, he asked her, "How've you been?"

As she moved away from him, she replied, "Two of my brothers are dead. How do you think that I am?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Oh, I'm sorry. I, uh, I knew that it was going to happen, but I'm still sorry all the same."

As she turned around to look back at him, she said, "Don't be. After all, it's only a matter of time before that bloody doppelganger and her friends all pay for what they've done. And I can't wait until I see the looks on their faces when they realize just what is going to happen to them."

In response to her words, the Doctor simply raised his eyebrows before he started to mess around with the controls as he said, "Alright. Well, I suppose it's a good thing that you're much better now than you were before I got those, uh, leftover bits of the Master out of your head. You're back to your usual self." After pulling the lever, he turned to her and asked her, "You are feeling much better, though, right? You know, aside from losing two of your brothers?"

When she only nodded her head, he said, "That's good, I'm glad to hear it. At least you won't be tormented by him anymore like you were before I got rid of them."

After she had nodded her head yet again before slightly turning her head to look away from him, the Doctor couldn't help but let out a sigh when he saw just how angry Annabelle was about losing two of her brothers before letting out a sigh as a result of the knowledge that he knew about what was awaiting for Annabelle in her future and the torment and betrayal that she had yet to be put through after her eventual arrival in New Orleans.